What motorcycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What motorcycle?

I'm gonna buy another bike after we close on our house in a couple weeks. If you only had about a $5k cash budget for a used bike, what would you get? I have an opportunity to by an extremely clean 2011 Victory 8 Ball from a friend with upgraded seat, exhaust and a tune for about $4500. He takes meticulous care of his stuff. I have also seen some great deals on some Honda VTX 1800's for about the same money. Most of the Harley models I like are over my budget...mostly little 883's and 1200 sportsters in my range. I want something with plenty of power, reliable and comfortable enough for the wife to hop on the back and take a long ride..

So what would you buy used for 5k?

I have a 2007 victory hammer no issues what so ever and I'm original owner I'd go with the victory.

Comment

I had a VTX 1300 and a buddy had a Victory Kingpin at the same time. Of the 2, and with both of our experiences, I'd go with the VTX.

Comment

I'd go victory. If you can't find a Harley lol

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
          I'd go victory. If you can't find a Harley lol
          I'd like to find a Harley but the ones I like seem to be a bit over what I'll have to spend. Everyone I've talked to that has had a Victory had great things to say about them. I'm limited in my options with my budget but really want another bike and don't want to finance one.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by JudoLeyba View Post
              PM sent.
              Pm replied..

Comment

Used Yamaha Road Star or Stratoliner. They're bullet proof and tons of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  I'd like to find a Harley but the ones I like seem to be a bit over what I'll have to spend. Everyone I've talked to that has had a Victory had great things to say about them. I'm limited in my options with my budget but really want another bike and don't want to finance one.
                  I hear that, but all in all, victory is a good bike. You wont be dissapointed and they put out some pretty good numbers performance wise

Comment

I'd go with the victory

Comment

Yah i like the numbers I've seen...good amount of torque. I think I'm most likely gona buy my buddy's Vegas 8 Ball but came across a heck of a deal on a TBHers Harley so we'll see. It'll be 2-3 weeks before I buy so figured I'd get some feedback from some TBH motorcycle guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Pineywoods; 10-15-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

So what would you buy used for 5k?
                        I guess you're looking at cruisers, but since you asked me () I'd look for a Triumph Street Triple. Absolutely loved my striple, every single minute of it. Had several cruisers in the past, including a VTX, and it was great but the handling and obviously power of the naked sport bike was just incredible and can't even really be compared. I'll never go back to cruisers.
                        Last edited by justletmein; 10-15-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I've had sport bikes and love em but I'm ready to go back to a cruiser. I want something comfortable enough for a 2000 mile round trip that my wife will ride with me. The triple is a pretty sweet bike though.

Comment

I recently picked up a used 2010 Triumph Thunderbird, 1600 with 5k original miles for right at $5K. I was able to get rid of my 03 Triumph America beforehand.

And yes, I too had a sport bike back in 1999, and the cruisers just dont compare to the agility and quickness. But I dont either anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MisplacedTexan View Post
                              I recently picked up a used 2010 Triumph Thunderbird, 1600 with 5k original miles for right at $5K. I was able to get rid of my 03 Triumph America beforehand.

And yes, I too had a sport bike back in 1999, and the cruisers just dont compare to the agility and quickness. But I dont either anymore.
                              I had'nt considered the Thunderbird. I don't know much about the Triumph's.

Comment

Working...
                              X