Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 years of a Life Sentence

Almost complete.
    Chance of Parole, Probation and Commuted Sentence available but I've declined them all.
    On June 10, 1995 I married my friend and lover.
    I'd love to say it's been fun and enjoyable. That'd be a lie. The last 9 years have been the hardest on record. Life's kicked us in places I digress to mention in a public forum.
    I've often thought of throwing in the towel, just last night in fact.
    Things aren't good or right between us.
    I'm hopeful some day we can be what we used to be, a loving couple.
    We're both Christians. God showered me with His grace and mercy 6 years ago, her about 5.
    I'm still almost hopeful that tomorrow there will be hope for my marriage.
    It's a lifetime commitment that's getting harder to stay committed too.

If you're still reading this.
    I've got no idea what to do to celebrate. Only thing we do together is attend Church on Sunday AM.

I'm open to welcome ideas.
    Her idea of a good time us sitting on the couch watching tv. She hates going out

Congrats. You're still together. It could be worse. Keep working on it.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Do both of you go to Bible studies? Sometimes it does a lot of good when the woman spends time with good older Christian women. Same for men.

A good Christian counselor can make a difference also. We all have small things that the other feels like are huge issues.

Comment

Good advice right here ^^

Comment

Make her something to eat. Make her something with your hands , I could be something simple as a card.Rent her a movie.
          Then draw her a bath.
          Kiss her and tell her you love her and you appreciate her.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

A global network empowering people to experience and reproduce great relationships through loving God and others. We exist to equip, train, resource, and support pastors, network and ministry leaders, to do their ministries with great commandment love—love God and love people.

check out intimate life! pretty cool stuff. helps understand emotional needs in the context of a walk with Jesus

A global network empowering people to experience and reproduce great relationships through loving God and others. We exist to equip, train, resource, and support pastors, network and ministry leaders, to do their ministries with great commandment love—love God and love people.

Take the needs test with her and then go over what you both need emotionally.

Comment

Marriage is a daily process. No marriage is perfect and each one needs cultivating and weeding, just like a garden. I have been married for 48 years and it still has challenges; although not every day. We have learned so much over the years and we seem to overlook the little things of life that bothered us years ago.

I would suggest a Christian counselor for a start and a lot of prayer for God to provide wisdom for your marriage. I pray that it works out for both of you and best of luck.

Doug Key

Comment

Congrats on staying together and working through life's ups and downs.
                Trust in him completely and he will guide y'all.

What did y'all like to do 22 years ago?...15 years ago? ... 10 years?

Maybe a little camp out or short weekend retreat somewhere where y'all can just relax and add a completely unwind together. Something that brings you two that feeling of why you got married to begin with.

Or get all dressed up like we all did when we were just dating and go to a place with live music, have a soda or what ever.

Comment

Maybe a B&B with a place to shoot guns. I did that once with my wife. She got to relax, read books, sit in hot tub and I got to shoot guns and cook on the grill.

Comment

That sounds miserable.

I'm in no way a marriage expert. In fact I blew up at my wife just this weekend. But it made me and her reflect on what was missing, and what had changed. We were simply living for ourselves and not each other. I've committed to praying for her every day now. That prayer probably isn't what you think it is. It doesent go "God please make her a better woman", it goes "God,'please help me to lister to her more intently... etc."

Point is, why even celebrate your anniversary if you aren't working on a solution to your marriage.

May I suggest a Weekend to Remeber. There are events in both Houston and Austin that weekend.

Comment

In my case i had to take a step back and take a long hard look at myself. I started swallowing my pride and living for her, in very short order she felt loved again and she started changing. It very rapidly started snowballing and we are completly on a new level in just a couple of months. Try to do 2 thing a day just for her, you will see that soon she will do 3 for you and it grows from there.

Comment

just kind of tossing this out there....buy some board games...or card games....Uno, Bunko...turn the TV off and play a game...can't hurt....my wife and I do this every now and then..changes the pace of every day life....kinda of fun...'cept when she whoops me...

as a side note..my wife and I will do a weekend...to celebrate 36 years of pure blissful(cough, gag) marriage...aint never easy...
                        Last edited by bwssr; 05-31-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Ive been married 26 years. The main thing I do, is make sure I make time for her and what she wants to do. Even stuff she knows I hate, but its for her. Like board games... I also kiss her twice ever day, no matter what. When I wake up and before I go to bed. Except when im traveling. Then its usually some crazy emogy. Its not perfect, no marriage is. We have both had issues and times of trial. Church has helped through the years, but there is drama there as well. Prayers for you and her. Just keep working.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Prayers sent.

Do both of you go to Bible studies? Sometimes it does a lot of good when the woman spends time with good older Christian women. Same for men.

A good Christian counselor can make a difference also. We all have small things that the other feels like are huge issues.
                            this and i'll be praying for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Prayers sent.

Great advice here.

Comment

Working...
                              X