SPI fishing guide recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPI fishing guide recommendations

Family will be there in July. Would like to fish a full day ( 4 adults ). Either offshore or bay does not matter. Who have you all been with and would you go back?

Thanks for the input

We always have great luck with Lee Alvarez in the bay. Great guy. Fishes out of Jims Pier on the Island. We are going in a few weeks, I am bringing the kayak to fish every morning, but also going with Lee for a half day.

Comment

I do not recommend Andrew Marikos, we went out with him last summer. While he has nice, we didn't have any luck with fish and about 2-3 hours into the day had a mechanical failure and had to be towed in and was still charged half of the trip.

Comment

I always go with Lou Austin. He is great!

Comment

Capt. Skipper Mock out of SPI or Capt. Vere Wells, the best there are down here for bay fishing. Jack Barton bay fishing also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            I do not recommend Andrew Marikos, we went out with him last summer. While he has nice, we didn't have any luck with fish and about 2-3 hours into the day had a mechanical failure and had to be towed in and was still charged half of the trip.

Not catching fish and mechanical problems is all part of the game but he shouldn't have charged you at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big John. We used him a couple of yrs ago. Good personable guy. Worked his tail off and put us on trout with our limits. Good equipment etc has a FB page under Big John

956-266-2102

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                Not catching fish and mechanical problems is all part of the game but he shouldn't have charged you at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah I understand that it is part of the game, but should have been asked to rebook the trip or not charged. He just acted like S^1% happens.

Comment

Bode's Bay Fishing is a South Padre Island Bay Fishing Charter Guide Service. Bode's Bay Fishing also does, fishing tournaments, firework shows, and night time runs on the bay.

used him on a last minute trip. nice guy.

Comment

Danny or Jeff Neu (twins) in Port Mansfield. They are really good at what they do. You can find them on Facebook if you are on there. Great guys.

Comment

I booked with Jack Barton, 2 other people I know also booked with him around the same weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                        Capt. Skipper Mock out of SPI or Capt. Vere Wells, the best there are down here for bay fishing. Jack Barton bay fishing also.
                        We fished the last Captain's Tourney with Mock & got screwed out of the 1st place cup...too long of a story to post, but What a day on the water. We slaughtered them.

I used to & mostly went with the Petty's out of Vista & need to give them a call to say hey...been a while.

Comment

Thank guys. Lots of other people suggested some of the same ones you all did

Comment

Just booked with capt Vere Wells. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Comment

X10 on Jeff and Danny Neu. Those boys know that area like nobody's business...

Comment

Working...
                              X