No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CHL in Texas???

What are yalls thoughts? y'all think this will stand? This is way above my pay grade. Maybe a legal expert can educate me on this. Just curious
    Thanks

To me it makes as much sense as allowing someone to drive without getting their license. Not a fan of carrying without a permit. Just my opinion though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Freedom isn't very popular these days...

Comment

If it passes, I think the governor will sign it, but I doubt it passes. Too many politicians of both parties think they need more and more power, not less.

Comment

I'm all for it, it's our constitutional right to carry but the Feds left it up to the states to decide.

Having a permit solves nothing and makes NO ONE safer. It only generates revenue for the state and makes Law Abiding people jump through hoops.

The bad guys aren't worried about a carry permit...heck most of them can't legally own a weapon...

Comment

Permits will still be somewhat desirable as long as it helps the gun buying process & those wanting to avoid the nics wait...just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE_TX View Post
              To me it makes as much sense as allowing someone to drive without getting their license. Not a fan of carrying without a permit. Just my opinion though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm not a fan of jumping through hoops in order to defend my life and those of my family. The founders never intended anything more out of a free people than to protect you and yours. Obviously, criminals have no license. Aren't we at least as good as them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                I know.

Comment

I think you should be able to carry anywhere anytime. Criminals could careless about laws and don't pay attention to gun free zones they actually like them better. I see no difference in being able to carry a gun in my car without it or having it on me. I'm not worried about law bidding citizens doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I'm all for it, it's our constitutional right to carry but the Feds left it up to the states to decide.

Having a permit solves nothing and makes NO ONE safer. It only generates revenue for the state and makes Law Abiding people jump through hoops.

The bad guys aren't worried about a carry permit...heck most of them can't legally own a weapon...
                    Wow! Thinking alike at the same time !

Comment

Well said.... bad guys don't give a sh..
                      good info/feedback from everyone keep it coming

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        No doubt . People are condition to give away God given rights these days .

Comment

100% Agree! The CHL fees are a $$ maker for the state "politicians" to fund from. Just another false perception that no one but us "honest citizens" follow the laws and the bad guys continue to do their thing! "Come on man?!"

Comment

"Shall not be infringed"....
                            Licensing is an infringement

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got no problem with needing a license to carry as long as it is not overly burdensome (State has to prove why I can't have it vs. me proving I "need" it). It's a very clear line of demarcation when talking about gun crimes. It is easy to analyze how many "law abiding citizens" are committing gun crimes versus "thugs". Without a license, it would be too convenient for the media to blur the lines, making it easier on on them in their continued assault on the 2nd amendment.

Guess I am in the minority.

Comment

Working...
                              X