Reezen 7.0 cam lean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reezen 7.0 cam lean?

Back in 09 or 10 when the Reezen came out I bought a black 7.0 andnit is still my bow I hunt with. I think it was he following year after I bought it, right before season I noticed that the bottom cam tilted just a little (top lean to the left). And when I pull on the string, it tilts just a little more as the draw cycle goes. I took it to the local bowshop at the time and asked them about it, it was near season and I didn't want to have issues if it was something serious. They told me it was nothing to worry about and so I said ok and life went on. fast forward to last weekend, I was shooting it just a little bit and notice that the top cam or roller whatever you want to call it, well it has a slight lean to it also. I don't remember ever noticing it like this but it leans bottom left, basically mirroring the bottom cam. Is this normal, does anyone else who has a Reezen notice that their bow does the same thing? It doesn't seem to shoot as well as it used to but I don't shoot as much as I used to so that may be just Indian error. But I'm just wondering if this is something that I should be worried about and get another opinion from another bow shop around here. And if This is something that would fall under Mathews Limited Lifetime warranty if it turns out the limbs are warped or whatever the issue may be. Thanks in advance!

And at one time I was eyeballing the Prime bows because of their dual track cams because it seemed to be a fix to an issue with a bow with a leaning cam...

Comment

And, thus the reason they stopped making the Reezen. They were known for that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        And, thus the reason they stopped making the Reezen. They were known for that issue.
        Well crap, that would be my luck. Would Mathews ever do anything to correct it?

Comment

Reezen 7.0 cam lean?

You can set the top (idler wheel) by adjusting the yokes so that's no big deal. The roller guard applies lateral force to the cables that's where it comes from. What matters is how they look at full draw, for them to be straight at full draw they require pre-lean to compensate. Not the end of the world, shoot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 6.5 and never have had any lean or issues. It's a fast shooting tack driving machine.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              you can set the top (idler wheel) by adjusting the yokes so that's no big deal. The roller guard applies lateral force to the cables that's where it comes from. What matters is how they look at full draw, for them to be straight at full draw they require pre-lean to compensate. Not the end of the world, shoot on.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
              this

Comment

just like he said

Comment

You can set the top (idler wheel) by adjusting the yokes so that's no big deal. The roller guard applies lateral force to the cables that's where it comes from. What matters is how they look at full draw, for them to be straight at full draw they require pre-lean to compensate. Not the end of the world, shoot on.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  this
                  Originally posted by easeup View Post
                  just like he said

Let’s bring this old thread back up was doing some looking on some forums and read a few others having some issues with bent riser, limbs and cams.

I understand the pre lean to make up at draw but the pre lean it has is already leaning the wrong way. At full draw, the bottom cam gets worse and you can really see the difference from how much the string stop dampers and cocked over.

I have read some things that say those SQ4limbs or whatever those limbs were called, early on were thin and had issues flexing or warping. At rest, the bottom limb looks tweaked a little which makes then cam lean. Don’t see much of a lean on the top cam/roller.

Another thing I read was about the illusion the riser was bent above the rest area. Mine sure does have a right hand jog in it. Looking at the string and how it lines up with the riser, it’s good until it gets to that point and the riser starts running to the right. Most folks all said it was from some idiot putting it in a press wrong or from abuse. It’s never been ran over or anything and only been in a press maybe three times it’s whole life. And same dude did all the presses.

Comment

Is the bow still jacked up?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Let’s bring this old thread back up was doing some looking on some forums and read a few others having some issues with bent riser, limbs and cams.

I understand the pre lean to make up at draw but the pre lean it has is already leaning the wrong way. At full draw, the bottom cam gets worse and you can really see the difference from how much the string stop dampers and cocked over.

I have read some things that say those SQ4limbs or whatever those limbs were called, early on were thin and had issues flexing or warping. At rest, the bottom limb looks tweaked a little which makes then cam lean. Don’t see much of a lean on the top cam/roller.

Another thing I read was about the illusion the riser was bent above the rest area. Mine sure does have a right hand jog in it. Looking at the string and how it lines up with the riser, it’s good until it gets to that point and the riser starts running to the right. Most folks all said it was from some idiot putting it in a press wrong or from abuse. It’s never been ran over or anything and only been in a press maybe three times it’s whole life. And same dude did all the presses.
                      Get your dealer to replace limbs. If you bought it new, it is warranteed. Bottom cam needs to lean slightly towards roller guard at brace, and idler needs to be straight, (plumb), at full draw. If not, you’ll have to manipulate rest pretty far inside to get the bow to tune. Not acceptable.

Comment

Yea if the riser is bent, take it back, they are supposed to warranty them. ( a lot will depend on the dealer you go to) That said, good luck, I have had issues with their great "warranty," in fact it was with my reezen when it was like two- three days old. There "warranty" cost me 200.00 ( labor) to fix. Long story,but it's why I don't shoot Mathews any more. My son is still shooting it though, haven't noticed any cam lean. Answer to above post, if riser is bent, new limbs ain't going to help.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Yea if the riser is bent, take it back, they are supposed to warranty them. ( a lot will depend on the dealer you go to) That said, good luck, I have had issues with their great "warranty," in fact it was with my reezen when it was like two- three days old. There "warranty" cost me 200.00 ( labor) to fix. Long story,but it's why I don't shoot Mathews any more. My son is still shooting it though, haven't noticed any cam lean. Answer to above post, if riser is bent, new limbs ain't going to help.
                          I’ve seen very few bent or warped risers. I’ve seen lots of limbs that fatigued and couldn’t carry the load transfer.

Comment

Is the bow still jacked up?

Yea, never took it in and had it looked at.

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            Get your dealer to replace limbs. If you bought it new, it is warranteed. Bottom cam needs to lean slightly towards roller guard at brace, and idler needs to be straight, (plumb), at full draw. If not, you’ll have to manipulate rest pretty far inside to get the bow to tune. Not acceptable.
                            This bow has never been in tune from what I can remember. Check out my pic of the bottom cam at the bottom of this post. I would call it leaning away from the roller right? Draw back and it rolls it further to the left.

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            I’ve seen very few bent or warped risers. I’ve seen lots of limbs that fatigued and couldn’t carry the load transfer.
                            I don’t know how the riser was “engineered” from the get go, but I can put a straight edge on the top straight edge of the riser and it runs away from the bottom limb. This could be how it was intended to be, but I would think it’s supposed to be straight down one side of the riser. Without limbs, handle and accessories, I would think the riser would lay flat on a table without any rock. It doesn’t look like it would how it sits. I may see if I can pull my handle and sight and see how it sits on a table tomorrow.

Comment

I took the string wacker off and put a straight edge down the cam. Runs away from the string pretty bad.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X