Processor - Crosby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processor - Crosby

Looking to change it up this year. Live in Atascocita (Summerwood), and thinking about taking my deer to either Jackson's or Maxwell's in Crosby. Any body have input? Maxwell's prices look better. Main concerns would be:

Turn around time
    Quality of packaging (no leaking, spoiling)
    Ease of drop-off, attentiveness
    Will they get my order right?

As far as quality/taste of meat/products, I will just have to see that for myself. People can tell me how great it is all day long, but my mind isn't made up until I try it myself. But I'll still listen to reviews from those who have tasted and tried em out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacksons used to be good but have gotten some stuff back the last couple times that we just threw out. It was the nastiest gamey stuff ever. And I bleed my deer for 3-5 days. They did something or it definitely wasn't my deer. No idea on maxwells.

Comment

I have used Jacksons for several years. They do a good job and the turn around is quick.

Easy drop off and I have never had them mess up an order.

One thing I also like about Jacksons is that they also donate meat to Youth Reach Houston. I always donate to that cause.

Comment

Maxwell's is good. We used to use them before we started processing our own.

Comment

Allens in Huffman. It's the only place I've used for years now. 2576 3rd St, Huffman, TX 77336. 281-324-5181

Comment

I have used both mentioned above but prefer Allens in Huffman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Another for Allen's Sausage Kitchen in Huffman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Allens in Huffman. It's the only place I've used for years now. 2576 3rd St, Huffman, TX 77336. 281-324-5181
                Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                Another for Allen's Sausage Kitchen in Huffman.
                Yet a third recommendation for Allen. Only caveat is he does not "process" meat. He makes sausage and other ground and finished meat products (sausage, summer sausage, jerky, etc). He only takes boned out meat ready to be ground.

His Old Timer's sausage is hands down the best smoked link sausage I've ever had done or made myself. If you like fresh Italian, you can't beat his either pan sausage style or stuffed in links. And he has a Chipotle smoked that is so good, you'll go home an' slap yore momma cause she kaint cook like that!

Comment

Well.. I'm not in to de-boning my meat just yet. Maybe this will inspire me to start learning.

... If I were to de-bone my meat. Do I need to trim it as well?

Comment

Allens

Will take quartered meat, but charges you more

Comment

Allen's is awesome

Comment

Wouldn't let Jackson's process a rabbit. I use Maxwell's and have always been happy with the work and his prices are decent. Lance is the owner and a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by buckduster View Post
                          Will take quartered meat, but charges you more
                          Yep. Just charges a processing/deboning fee like everyone else. But I always debone it myself.

Comment

Suggest you call him about bone in meat... When I used him last year, he told me he was only taking boned out meat from here on out... Just check with him.

Comment

Juniors smoke house in highlands, not too far from Crosby is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X