Aransas 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom_tom View Post
    ....every year there are more trophy bucks that die of old age at Aransas than are killed.... there are some good ones in that place..... ..
    Killed two BIG ten points here. Getting too old now to do the bow hunt but I am hitting the rifle hunt this year...twice!

Comment

My son and I will be there for the first rifle hunt. hoping for good weather..

Comment

just bought a bowhunt tag for this. First timer there. I've already scouted the satellite like a madman, but any pointers would be great.

Comment

Ok....First Rifle hunt is official sold out. Still open are the Archery, 2nd and 3rd rifle hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabidbowhunter View Post
            ....... Did jj and the boys hunt aransas?
            Yes they did, also got a couple hogs!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hunting condition reports?

Rain, ponds/standing water, fawn crop, helicopter hog removal, burned areas? Lets not talk about the snakes and mosquitoes.....

Comment

Will know more about conditions when I get there on the 10th for the IBEP class. Can say that we got 7.5 inches of rain yeaterday in Aransas Pass and Rockport areas

Comment

Scouted yesterday and the Refuge looks really good for this years archery hunt. It's dry at this time, ponds are holding good water but the hog wallers, ditches,and pools are dry. Acorn crop is good, grass is tall and green because of this years thunder showers. Found plenty of rubs and even a few scrapes. Sheeters were not that bad but they will be if there's some rain and cooler weather before the hunt. Only snake I saw was a 5' Coachwhip. I'm very excited about this years hunt.

Comment

Thanks to all who came to the IBEP course this weekend. Deer on the refuge look to be in great shape. Even saw a couple young bucks messing with does. But also some bucks still buched up. Good luck to all and be safe.

Comment

Who's scouting this weekend?

Comment

I'll be there Saturday bright and early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to all you Aransas hunters.......you have to be a really hard core archery hunter to want to go back to Aransas..... got to be one of toughest places to hunt deer in the state.... post some updates on how its going during the week if y'all can --- may the Karankawa spirits bring you good luck...... hope this cool spell makes it all the way down there this week - bucks should be chasing more if it does......

Comment

Is the government budget deadline going to delay Aransas opening the gates tomorrow? Hope not - but it has happened in the past......

Comment

Originally posted by tom_tom View Post
                              Is the government budget deadline going to delay Aransas opening the gates tomorrow? Hope not - but it has happened in the past......
                              Yes they have, that's why your question is valid!

Comment

I've got an UTI with an enlarged prostate, hope to head down Tue morning.

Scott got a really nice 6pt, weighed 95-lb.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Thumper; 10-01-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X