Let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the fun begin

Now to shop holiday sales. I have no idea yet what this one will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool looking ! where did you find it ?

Comment

It's a Aero Precision Texas special edition. Specter firearms in Cypress. Called around to several places and prices are going up everywhere unless you want to drive to Primary in Pearland. Too far for me though.

Comment

cool I can buy direct from Aero, thanks

Comment

nice! I just got mine in too, just finished a budget build so I’ll build this one slow and do it right

Comment

Well I set out for a budget build but it crept up to a mid-range real quick without me realizing it. Easy to do when you order parts from multiple vendors in spare time at work over a couple of weeks.

However, I think I did pretty good. Just need to think about a trigger upgrade. Here is my parts list:

Aero Precision Texas edition multi-cal lower
            Cobratac Black Adder charging handle
            Tigershark muzzle brake
            Aero Precision M4E1 combo upper and 15" M-lok FDE handguard
            Aero Precision bolt carrier group
            radical firearms mid length gas tube
            Bear Creek Arsenal 16 Contour 1-7 Parkerized 5.56 NATO Mid Length Barrel
            radical firearms low profile gas block
            Fatboy tactical Magpul MOE lower build kit in FDE

Comment

SWFA will have those on sale this Saturday 7-9-16 for $76.99 I believe. At their store in Midlothian. Planning on picking up two one for my son and I to do a build together.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                SWFA will have those on sale this Saturday 7-9-16 for $76.99 I believe. At their store in Midlothian. Planning on picking up two one for my son and I to do a build together.
                Dang, I'd buy a couple more if I could find that price around here. My go-to gun shop in Cypress closed up shop.

Comment

So I take it the Aero Precision lowers are a good quality lower to get.

Comment

I have very limited experience compared to many on this board but I like them. Have built several with them and 3 with PSA. Aero does in fact seem more 'precise' to me.

Comment

Watching this. Sounds great.
                      I've always wanted to build one and I think this is exactly what I want.

Comment

What is SWFA?

Comment

Good luck with the build. Love that Lone Star!

I learned on here a few days ago about quality of lowers are kept when manufacturing them. Some makers require the dies to be replaced every so many lowers, let say 500. Some makers replace the dies every 1000 lowers made. That keeps the cuts and holes more proper than a die that is tired and could make wobble holes and mag wells that are compromised.
                          Aero Precision I believe are one of the good companies that keep close QC on their lowers.
                          Read post #14 of this thread about lowers.

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
                          What is SWFA?
                          Good quality firearm accessories and ect
                          They are in Midloathian.

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Comment

Ready for the range. This is my lightest AR ever and also the easiest build. The Aero M4LE system is just awesome!

Comment

Sweet looking rig!

Comment

Working...
                              X