Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannon Gun Safes

Hey Guy's and Gal's,

I got some really exciting news. My dad purchased a American Eagle gun safe made by Cannon back in March of 2006. On September 13th, 2008 it was flooded by 3 1/2 foot of water during Hurricane Ike. Dad not wanting to deal with it gave me the safe cause I was gonna use it as a project when I got around to it.

Well fast forward to today, I was working on cleaning the rust off the outside and was just about done so I call dad for the combination to open it and start work on the inside. When I opened it I read the edge of the door and come to find out Cannon warranties their safes FOR LIFE against Flood, Fire, Break-in and Attempted Break-in. SO... I got on the phone and called Cannon Safes. I talked to a Robert Nunez who took down my information and warranty claim. Got the model and serial number from me and details of the Flood that damaged the safe. He requested photographs of the damaged safe be sent to him via e-mail and told me it would be replaced free of charge with a comparable model. I feel like I won the lottery today.

Andrew

Dang, I hate yall waited that long though. I also have a CANNON for many of the same reasons. Your dad may want the new one though......lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Dang, I hate yall waited that long though. I also have a CANNON for many of the same reasons. Your dad may want the new one though......lol.
      Yeah me too, But I wasn't expecting it to be covered in warranty as almost NOTHING in the house was covered under any of their warranties.

Dad already said I could keep the new safe at my house because my house won't be flooding and they still live on the Island. Plus I have WAY more guns then he does including my grandparents firearms.

Comment

Great customer service. I called them yesterday to order a new gun divider and shelf. They replaced my broken one free.

Comment

cool-congrats

Comment

I'll be in the market for a safe within the next couple months. This is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              X2

Comment

Yes, there customer service is pretty good. I bought one this year and I was missing a couple of pegs to hold the selves up, they sent them to me pretty quickly!!! No charge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
                  Great customer service. I called them yesterday to order a new gun divider and shelf. They replaced my broken one free.
                  Hey I have had my Cannon about 3 weeks and both my shelves broke as well. I can't believe they use particle board for that stuff. Other then that it's an awesome safe

Comment

I have a Cannon Scout in my garage, on the pallet, new and empty for the last 3 years Have not gotten around to bringing it inside the house yet. Everything is in my too small Browning safe in the house.
                    But it was a excellent value from Costco for $829 shipped. It is 60x40x25, 48 gun.
                    Good to hear about the great customer service if I ever get around to using the dang thing. Congrats on getting a new safe. See if you can pay extra and possibly upgrade. Always get a safe bigger than you think you need.

Comment

That's awesome. I have one also. Had it shipped from Fort Irwin to Fort Hood a couple years ago. Luckily I don't trust movers with my firearms so they were all with me. While they were unloading the safe it fell off the truck and got banged up pretty badly because of how they were doing. Wasn't able to open the safe to get some holsters and other stuff out. They sent a tech out who opened it and got everything out for me. Brought me a newer model and helped me move it inside.

Comment

Feeling even better about my Cannon with this thread!

Comment

Well I got a call back from Cannon Safe today and they are definitely replacing the safe with one of equal size and capacity. They gave me the case# and order# of the new safe. The new safe will have an internal electrical outlet along with USB ports, a network jack and an electronic lock. Talking about an upgrade. Delivery will be in 3 to 5 weeks. They are also allowing me to keep the old safe and either scrap it or keep gping with my refurbishing project. They made it clear the old one would not be covered under any type of warranty as the new one will be covered by their full warranty.
                          Last edited by zr2chevy22; 05-12-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

That's pretty cool of them great news for you.

Comment

Great to hear there is still a such thing as good customer service.

Comment

Working...
                              X