Deer jerky..... Nothing says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer jerky..... Nothing says

"I love you honey" like 10lbs of marinating hickory deer jerky. My little bitty wife will shank a sucker for the last piece of deer jerky.. She is so lucky.

Really though, it's that time again. I'm making room in the freezer for the 4 day trip to the lease this weekend. Feeling a little bloodthirsty so I'm trying to plan ahead. . Marinating over night for 12 hours and putting on first thing in the AM. It'll probably take me 2-3 rounds to get it all done.

Mmmmmm. Oh. Thanks. [emoji12]

Comment

I'll have to get this recipe if you'll share! Ha

Comment

Comment

Mmmm PMing you my address Weston loves deer and jerky, send him 2lbs or so. Of course I'll have to try it out first and make sure it's ok to eat lol

Comment

That, my friend, is a beautiful sight. I bet it looks even better when it is dried.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxTracking View Post
              I'll have to get this recipe if you'll share! Ha

Sure....super simple and folks seem to really like it....

I use Allegro Marinades you can get at Walmart Superstore or any major grocery store and each bottle is about $2.50 located near the BBQ sauce. Simple easy and delish! I prefer the Hickory Smoke and the HotnSpicy personally.

-For 10-15lbs I use 3 bottles of Hickory Smoke and 1 HotNSpicy..... or 2 and 2.

-Sliced deer across the grain (muscles fibers) in 1/8-1/4" slices

-Place in big bowl with all bottles of marinade, mix thoroughly making sure you have good coverage.....I marinade for at least 8-12 hours but prefer 24ish if I have the time. The longer the better imo. Mix by hand after 30 minutes to get it ready to sit

-Mix by hand every 4-6 hours or so as well if you can.....Do it at lease once

-Place on dehydrator, sprinkle red pepper and/or restaurant grade black pepper to taste and let the dehydrator do it's thing.

Remember when adding the pepper, the meat will shrink but the pepper quantity and heat will not.. Don't over do it. If you hang from your oven racks to dry, add pepper before running through picks or skewers..

Here is a pic of the Allegro marinades...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Sure....super simple and folks seem to really like it....

I use Allegro Marinades you can get at Walmart Superstore or any major grocery store and each bottle is about $2.50 located near the BBQ sauce. Simple easy and delish! I prefer the Hickory Smoke and the HotnSpicy personally.

-For 10-15lbs I use 3 bottles of Hickory Smoke and 1 HotNSpicy..... or 2 and 2.

-Sliced deer across the grain (muscles fibers) in 1/8-1/4" slices

-Place in big bowl with all bottles of marinade, mix thoroughly making sure you have good coverage.....I marinade for at least 8-12 hours but prefer 24ish if I have the time. The longer the better imo. Mix by hand after 30 minutes to get it ready to sit

-Mix by hand every 4-6 hours or so as well if you can.....Do it at lease once

-Place on dehydrator, sprinkle red pepper and/or restaurant grade black pepper to taste and let the dehydrator do it's thing.

Remember when adding the pepper, the meat will shrink but the pepper quantity and heat will not.. Don't over do it. If you hang from your oven racks to dry, add pepper before running through picks or skewers..

Here is a pic of the Allegro marinades...

Thank you sir! Saving and going to try this! What do you make the jerky meat out of?

Comment

Thank you sir! Saving and going to try this! What do you make the jerky meat out of?

I always use deer. It helps me make good use out of any I have left so we all can enjoy it outside of our deer sausage and bacon burger.. The hindquarter and frontquarter muscled out works best....any long trimmings too. I have used backstrap before if she really wanted some and that's all I have..

Comment

Looks good. Think I'll have to give it a try

Comment

I always use deer. It helps me make good use out of any I have left so we all can enjoy it outside of our deer sausage and bacon burger.. The hindquarter and frontquarter muscled out works best....any long trimmings too. I have used backstrap before if she really wanted some and that's all I have..

Haha thanks, I figured the quarters.. I don't know if I can use backstrap for it! I like that fried or grilled too much... [emoji6]

Comment

Haha thanks, I figured the quarters.. I don't know if I can use backstrap for it! I like that fried or grilled too much... [emoji6]

LOL...I understand that and agree, but when the boss got a hankerin' for deer jerky out of season, I used what I had.

Comment

LOL...I understand that and agree, but when the boss got a hankerin' for deer jerky out of season, I used what I had.

Haha I understand! What the boss wants, SHE gets... lol

Comment

Looks good I'll have to try this recipe.

Comment

Elk is for when you really love someone. [emoji6]
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446537135.176522.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24412902

Comment

Working...
                              X