Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Tippit aka Codeman vs Deer

Guess you won!!

Great job Codeman.. First bow kill and with a brand new bow...
    Last edited by Xspot; 10-21-2006, 03:20 PM.

Congratulations Cody. I guess Joey wasn't in the bushes whistling for him. Can't wait for the story.

Comment

Congrats Cody

Comment

Way to go Cody

Comment

Good job Cody! Look forward to the story & pics.

Comment

Way to go Cody!

Comment

My Story

I was sitting in my dad's groundblind in the bottom of the canyon, reading my book when a 7pt buck came from my right. It went to the alfalfa we had put out and he was facing me. Something spooked him and he went to my left behind some cedars. He slowly walked back to my right and I pulled back and put some blood on the ground. I seen him run down to the creek and he did the death shake. I called my dad on the radio and waited on Chicken, D-Mo, mom and dad to come help me find it. 30 minutes later Chicken yelled and said he had a surprise for me.

D-Mo and Chicken will post pictures later.

Comment

Congrats, Cody.

Comment

We had quite possibly the best hunt that I have ever been on!

This weekend, my son became a bowhunter!

Im very proud of my son for what he did.

Friday evening's hunt started out with Cody sittin in my pop-up in the bottom of my canyon. I was about a hundred yards from him at my top feeder in my tri-pod. D~Mo and Chicken were huntin the pear flat.

I had told Cody that if he shot something or just needed me to call me on the radio. I left mine on and he had his off, so that he would have an un-interupted hunt.

Early in the hunt, I had an old doe and a young doe come in at 20 yards. They were very cautious and knew somthing was up.

About the time I attached my release, my radio squaked, "Dad!" The doe looked rite up at me and the gig was up! Stealth time was over, so I picked up the radio and said, "Just a minute....Im about to shoot a doe!" The doe turned and ran to the road. Unfortunately for her, she stopped broad side at 30, and watched me draw. I hit her a little back, but a few seconds later, I heard 1 noise that I thought mite be a good indication that she may be down. I then picked the radio back up and said "What!"

I then heard waht dang near made my chest explode! "Dad! I just shot a 7 pt buck! I think Im gonna puke!"

I told him to calm down and asked him how the shot looked. He said it looked good, but may be a little high. I told him to just calm down and since it was early, we would wait for an hour.

Chicken heard the comotion on the radio so he said he would go pick up momma and D~Mo and come help us track.

An hour is a long time, when your son has just arrowed his first buck and you cant enter his area for fear of pushin the deer.

I got down and went and found my arrow. I had good blood on it so I left it and snuck down to a ridge where I could see Codeman and wait on the posse to arrive.

Once we were all assmbled, nite was comin on fast, so we went down to help Cody.

He told us how it all played out, and the boys went to work!

Blood was gettin thin so I asked Chicken to go ahead to the white rock creek bottom and see if he could pick up the short trail. He circled around and soon started hollerin, "Codeman!"

It was a done deal! That dude was "Slack Tracked!"

We all did Hi-5's and took some pix. He is a fine deer and needed to be takin. Perfect 1st buck for my boy or any man as far as that goes!

Chicken, D~Mo and I raced to the top of the ridge. I got the mule for recovery and Chicken and D~Mo, "Slack Tracked" my doe.

The efforts that them 2 boys put forth for my boy and family are greatly appreciated! Them boys "are" my family!

LDP's to follow!

I would also like to thank X for hookin up my boy with a very shootable bow. The Ar35 is an awesome bow and is easy for a young man, like Cody too shoot.

Gracias!
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	codemans deer 7pt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	23815445

CONGRATS once agian Codeman! Glad I got to be there for ur first bow buck

Comment

Congratulations Codeman!!!!

Come on dad... post up a pic, por favor. I'm too excited to wait until later!

Oh, and congrats on your doe, too

----------

I see the pic now.... WOW... what a buck Cody! You Rock!!!

Comment

Gracias, Chicken!

We will get mas pix, tommorrow!
                        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldB View Post
                          Congratulations Cody. I guess Joey wasn't in the bushes whistling for him. Can't wait for the story.
                          By the way. I beleive this is the same buck my dad whistlled me off of.

Comment

Great job! Congrats on your first.

Comment

very nice....A Bowhunter is BORN!

Comment

Working...
                              X