Astros on TV??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astros on TV??

I noticed on the Astros thread that some guys are saying they can't watch the Astros. I thought I'd share how I'm watching them without having cable.

First you need a smart tv, Apple TV, Roku, or something similar. Next you need to pay for the MLB package. I think it's like $160 for the season, right now it's about half that for the remainder of the season. My dad, brother, and I split it, but we all have to sign in to the one account.

Now because of the stupid black out restrictions that MLB has with cable providers, they will black out all the Astros and Rangers games.

Here is the important part. You need to go to Unlocator.com and read the directions for the specific device you have. I have an Apple TV, and it is very simple. I pay $5 a month through Pay Pal with unlocator and it changes the DNS#(what ever that is?) on my Apple TV. It basically changes the location of my Apple TV and the games are not blacked out any more. So far it's worked great and doesn't screw up the Internet or wifi.

It sucks to have to go to these lengths to watch the Astros but its worth it to watch them. You can also watch any other game you want, plus you don't have watch the same five stupid commercials over and over.
    Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 06-30-2015, 12:24 PM.

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
    I noticed on the Astros thread that a lot of guys are saying they can't get the Astros. I thought I'd share how I'm watching them without having cable.

First you need a smart tv, Apple TV, Roku, or something similar. Next you need to pay for the MLB package for the season. I think it's like $160 for the season, right now it's about half that for the remainder of the season. My dad and brother and I split it, but we all have to sign in to the one account.

Now because of the stupid black out restrictions that MLB has with cable providers, they will black out all the Astros and Rangers games.

Here is the important part. You need to go to Unlocator.com and read the directions for the specific device you have. I have an Apple TV, and it is very simple. I pay $5 a month through Pay Pal with unlocator and it changes the DNS#(what ever that is?) on my Apple TV. It basically changes the location of my Apple TV and the games are not blacked out any more. So far it's worked great and doesn't screw up the Internet or wifi.

It sucks to have to go to these lengths to watch the Astros but its worth it to watch them. You can also watch any other game you want, plus you don't have watch the same five stupid commercials over and over.

I think I'll just stream through the black market....that's too much trouble..

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. ESPN Gamecast is getting old. =)

Comment

its so cool that people complain they cant watch the astros! used to not be such a big deal....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          its so cool that people complain they cant watch the astros! used to not be such a big deal....

All two of us in that thread he's talking about..

Comment

two more than last year

Comment

Oh I've tried the black market thing, but the quality sucked and it kept crashing my computer and putting all types of nefarious things I didn't want on my laptop. This seems pretty legit, and the quality is superb.

Comment

two more than last year
                I think there was more last year with Comcast..

And it would be only one this year (Bill M) had I not been assisted with a gun sale by rtp..

Comment

I was disappointed not being able to watch them the last couple of seasons but it wasn't hard to get over it lol. I'm glad they finally worked out a TV deal with direct and it's been nice that it's coincided with the pieces starting to fall in place.

Comment

root

Comment

root
                      Still blacked out on Dish.

Comment

Thanks to TX Fisher, I have been watching the astros all year using the apple tv/unlocator method. Its HD coverage and there are no commercials. The screen just shows the MLB logo and then it comes back.

Comment

I got over 'em a couple years back... do not like the new owner... he's a flaming liberal... won't support that. When the Royal golf player goes to Florida to play golf... he plays on Jim Crane's courses and often plays with him... I don't need to be spending any of my money with a guy that is so chummy with a president that I consider this nation's most dangerous threat.

Comment

Tagging this for later. Thanks for the info. I love when technology works in your favor.

Comment

No provider in the Kyle area offers Root.

Comment

Working...
                              X