Anyone want to hunt rabbits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to hunt rabbits?

I have a super abundance of cotton tails out at my place, they have crossed the line, I can't get any tomatoes, those long eared rats are tearing them up.
    I'm about to go Old Man McGregor on them. But before I feed the vultures and 'yotes, I figured I'd see if anyone here wanted to bring a youngster out.

My place is east of Benavides.

i got a beagle you can borrow!!! Bayou will give them hail for ya.........when he aint guarding the ice chest.............lol!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bayoubrute.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	24382375

Comment

Get Landrover and Froggy over with the pups!

Comment

Man I would love to but would have to do know when I could make it over.

Comment

I've got a whole pack that will run the hair off a rabbit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5a_ZxcLq7A"]Rabbit Race with my "Gang of Idiots" 02/05/15 - YouTube[/ame]

It will soon be too hot to run them.

I just saw where Benavides is located. Too many rattlers in that country.

That's a nice offer and a great way to get a kid involved in hunting.
          Last edited by Froggy; 05-23-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I love those videos!!!!!!!!! :-)

Comment

Great jester, hope someone can get a kiddo out to enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I love those videos!!!!!!!!! :-)
                Diesel and Bayou have some week old brothers and sisters. They will be ready for new homes in about 6 weeks.

Comment

We've got Wilber, the Bassett hound who adopted us. He's not so good on rabbits, but has brought a hand full of dove to us.

I think my place would be to think thick to hunt with dogs, you could definitely run them with dogs, but not get any shots.
                  Every evening I see about 10+ out the out in the open, and when you walk around, they are all over the place.

I know it's not hunting time for them, but it's time to thin them out a bit.

Comment

Nothing a few flu flu arrows wont take care of. Good tasting bunnies.

Comment

Lordy Froggy......Belle and Leo are sex maniacs!!! Lmao!!!! :-) :-)

Comment

Sure wish I had seen this last year. Always on the lookout for a rabbit hunt for the family.

Comment

Brought up an old one. But I still have lots of wabbits

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                            Brought up an old one. But I still have lots of wabbits
                            It is that time of the year where I wish I had a place to hunt rabbits. My wife has shown interest in trying small game hunting and I have really enjoyed hunting them with a recurve. The 10 yr old and 6 yr old are at that age and there isn't much better hunting for the entire family than chasing rabbits in South Texas.

Comment

I wish I had plans to go that way soon. We do rabbit hunting just about every weekend love to try a new place. I have two beagles that flush out rabbit pretty dang good. Canoe1 pm your info and if I make a run to corpus would be my pleasure to head your way. ****.... wish you were closer. Thanks buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X