Anyone Have a 26 Nosler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Have a 26 Nosler?

If so what's your impression of the round?

I've gathered up most everything to have APR build me a lefty 26 Nosler. Probably not the most practical chambering for a hunting rifle but just because I don't have one is a good enough reason to me to have one built.

i will have one in a couple years when the price goes down. Should be a fun dog killer.

Comment

I know a couple guys on here have one. Mequitecountry does and randy does too and maybe some others. Seems like a sweet little round

Comment

I would prefer it necked up to .284 and shoot big heavy 180+ high BC pills. Berger is supposedly going to make a 195 VLD and there are some current 190's from other sources. It will stay inside the 6.5 at long range.

Comment

I absolutely love my 26. I have two safes full of rifles and this one has made the rest of them pointless.

Mine shoots really well. Last time I shot it I held right a a 1" group at 500. I killed the antelope at 406, the white tail at 390 if i remember right, and a hog at 350. They all fell in their tracks. I'm shooting a 130grn Sierra Game King at 3,440. When I got to Wyoming and started my ballistic calculations I was flat to 460. Every thing I have killed with it required no dial or hold over.

[ATTACH]713002[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]713003[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]713006[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Randy; 05-14-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
            I would prefer it necked up to .284 and shoot big heavy 180+ high BC pills. Berger is supposedly going to make a 195 VLD and there are some current 190's from other sources. It will stay inside the 6.5 at long range.
            It's been done as the .284 Jamison
            There's some pretty big 7's out there already, the 7 STW and and 7.21 firebird are monsters

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
              It's been done as the .284 Jamison
              There's some pretty big 7's out there already, the 7 STW and and 7.21 firebird are monsters
              Dang, now i want a 7.21 firebird! That thing is a beast

Comment

I forgot to mention my rifle was built by Edward Minton custom rifles in Palestine.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  I forgot to mention my rifle was built by Edward Minton custom rifles in Palestine.
                  That is a beautiful rifle by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    Wouldn't the 28 Nosler take care of that?

Comment

APR themselves have built one as well.

I asked Robert about it recently and he's unfortunately had NO time to dial in some loads as he's been covered up building our TBH rigs. It's a good looking build and will likely be a killer.

Comment

28 nosler is the one I would be more excited about. Both burn powder by the shovel full.

Comment

Well I've got several variations of 7mm's but no 6.5 so I'm going with the 26. Plan on shooting 140 Accubonds. This will primarily be a whitetail and mulie rifle.

Comment

I've been thinking about a 26 Nosler as well. How much performance will you leave on the table with a 26" barrel? I don't want to go much longer than that for a hunting rig.

Comment

I guess I'll find out since I'm going with a 26"barrel. I'm not looking for a 1000 yard rifle so I think a 26" will do me fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X