Look at this crap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this crap!

Someone posted this on me and my family. I don't understand how they get acesess to our pages when they are private

(This post   now contain an UPDATE which you will find at the bottom of the post - Thanks ) =================================== What kind...

did you add a troll? maybe your privacy settings aren't what you think they are, check again it should say profile view set to friends only, no sharing, pictured viewed by friends only

Comment

Bunch of idiots!! They all need to put an axis costume on and take a walk in the woods.

Ray

Comment

Here's what I copied from the beginning of the blog.

What kind of people care for some animals whilst blasting away at others and happily displaying corpses in their home and posing for sick brag photos of their killing?*

My response to that, a true conservationists not a tree hugging preservationists and someone I'd like to know.

Sorry about the intrusion into your privacy.
        Last edited by Slick8; 05-12-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTXHUNTER88 View Post
          did you add a troll? maybe your privacy settings aren't what you think they are, check again it should say profile view set to friends only, no sharing, pictured viewed by friends only
          That's how I have it set

Comment

That bites.

I believe you have some recourse. In 2009, I was sitting in my hunting blind one day and came across an anti-hunter's FB page and saw his son's picture on there and contacted him. Donnie wrote an article for the Lone Star Bowhunters Association. Donnie's son was 8 at the time. Hope it helps.

Here is Donnie's story:

Watching Out For Each Other

Sept. 19, 2009

I have been bowhunting for many years now and have meet many people with the same hunting interests. One thing about a lot of the bowhunters I have noticed is a willingness to look out for and help each other.
            Looking out for each other is a necessity especially since our hunting passion is being attacked by anti-hunters and anti-hunting groups. These people are constantly creeping around the internet looking for hunting pictures to steal and to use as part of their anti-hunting campaign, misleading other non-hunters and even breaking laws for their cause.

Recently, I fell victim to their anti-hunting campaign and their unlawful use of a photograph that I own.

The Discovery

As I was headed out to film a hog hunt for a friend of mine, I decided to take advantage of this great thing we call mobile internet access. After logging on and gaining access to e-mail and Facebook I noticed a message was sent to me by Dena Kana from the Lone Star Bowhunter Association ( LSBA).
            Dena told me that she had an invite on Facebook to a Hunters Group Opposing Anti-Hunting and as she was looking at some of the other anti-hunting groups she came across a collage of pictures and believed that one of the pictures in the collage was my son. I decided to look handle this after I got home where I had better resources at hand. When I got back home I looked at the picture and Dena was correct, that was my son’s picture was on a Facebook anti-hunting page as well as on YouTube.

The Response

My first though was to attack whomever posted my son’s picture. As a parent this was disturbing yet I know that these people can and will use anything available to them to promote their cause.

Even though I was furious, I had to re-thinking my approach on handling this matter. I came to the realization that my approach is going to ultimately represent the whole hunting community, so I decided it was best to be positive, professional and use the law to combat my foe.

My first response to this person was, “You do not have permission to use this photo and am requesting you immediately remove it from your Facebook page and any other location that you have it posted.”
            Her reply was less than professional and referred to the my son as a “child wildlife serial killer” and of course other insults, ending the conversation with “You have proof that little sadist photos is yours?”

This was enough to send most folks over the top and my blood began to boil. I didn’t want to play into her hand and at this point it was time to use some sort of psychology and facts.

My response was simple and went on to say, “I respect your views and how you feel about hunting without calling you names or insulting you. I would appreciate the same respect as I will give you. I don't want to try and change your mind about this topic. You have the right to express your opinions and beliefs in any manner you believe appropriate, for that I admire you and others like you. You have the right to believe what you feel and to express your belief in the way you feel is appropriate,

The picture in question is my work. By me contacting you and informing you that it is my work is enough evidence that it is mine. Is it yours? Did you take the picture? Do you have written permission to use the picture? No, it is not yours and you don't have the right to use the picture. Please, just remove the picture from your Facebook page.

If you would like more information on Copyrights I have attached a link…”
            With what I e-mailed she had no argument about the ownership of the photos. I felt a victory as she replied, “I will remove it but…”
            Then the infamous “BUT” is added…this was my way of knowing she was not happy with having to remove it and a way of adding a little more insult before parting ways. This person informed me that I should stop posting such evil and cruel pictures of murdered animals, especially by children, which is extremely disturbing. She went on to say that people do use these “wildlife serial killing” photos when they find them and that the next time I want to share sadism I should open my own “underground org like serial killers and pedophiles does.” I couldn’t do anything but chuckle at the foolish thinking of this person and ended the whole communications with “Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.”

The Outcome

By being professional and using good information I was able to have this picture removed along with 13 other pictures that were being used, I’m sure without the owners knowledge as well. I felt a victorious in my skirmish against one of these anti-hunters.

The Resources

In this case I found a good resource to assist me in winning the argument.
            The U.S. Copyright Office’s website has a lot of understandable information in their Frequently Asked Questions section. The basic information that I located and that was very helpful to show me was my work is protected the moment I created it and fix it in a tangible form. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works, work that is created does not have to be registered with the copyright office in order to be protected. However, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work, it will need to be registered and the fees are of minimal cost. at looking at the fees it is very minimal cost to register work.

For more information about copyright visit the US Copyright Office website at, http://www.copyright.gov

I also found out that YouTube has a Copyright Complaint Webform that can be filled out to address copyright issues as well. After it is submitted, notification is sent to the person who has posted the video(s) in question.

Final Words

When dealing with anti-hunters we need to realize that a lot of these people are not thinking on the same page as we are. At times it may be very difficult to talk with them about hunting, but no matter what we should always choose the professional approach when we are dealing with anti-hunter vs. hunter issues

Simply by watching out for each other and using current laws in out favor, we can be very successful in fighting back when these anti-hunters use our own pictures and video against us.

Although I don’t feel that my son’s photo was a good choice to show a negative impact on hunting, we all should do our part in making sure that the media we are posting should be presentable, so they are not used to against us.

If we choose the professional route there is no doubt that we can be very successful in combating the misrepresentation that the hunting community receives.

Donnie, thanks for sharing your story with the LSBA members. As he mentioned, we all need to be aware that pictures and videos which represent pride, respect and success in the field to hunters can be turned around by the anti-hunters to further their agenda. It is important to take tasteful and respectful photos in the field. As you can see by Donnie’s son’s photo, it is tasteful, but was still used for the exploitation of hunters. With the social networking sites, these photos and videos can be seen by MILLIONS of people. If you have not viewed any of the anti-hunters’ websites, you should take a look at their agendas and pictures. You never know when you may recognize someone. If you do, please take time to contact that person and let them know their photos or videos are being used without their permission. I would hate to think my family’s photos were being used in this matter without my knowledge. I encourage you to make yourself aware of the threats to hunting and hunters and not take our hunting privilege for granted.

I wish everyone the best of luck this season and remember let’s keep watching out for each other.

May your arrows fly true!

Dena Kana

Comment

I want to click the link and blow them up!!!! can I can I can I

Comment

Do you have any legal retaliation?

I'd be checking up on it!

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                  Do you have any legal retaliation?

I'd be checking up on it!
                  Defamation? Isn't that what scumbag Ventura sued for?
                  I would too, would love to hurt their pocketbooks since you can't hurt them out back.

Comment

That page is so retarded I don't even want to say anything lol

Comment

We have 5 guys in our IT department that will politely tell you to stay clear of Facebook.
                      Wisdom I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Defamation? Isn't that what scumbag Ventura sued for?
                        I would too, would love to hurt their pocketbooks since you can't hurt them out back.
                        Unfortunately, this is not defamation by legal standards. This is just expressing an opinion.

Comment

And just another reason why I'm extremely limited with social media...

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
                            Unfortunately, this is not defamation by legal standards. This is just expressing an opinion.
                            Well, kind of, unless you lose something beca use of that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                              Well, kind of, unless you lose something beca use of that opinion.
                              Nope. If that was the case every negative review on something like Yelp could be subject to litigation. You can't sue someone for their opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X