DIY Polaris Ranger Metal Roof Build w/Winch and Light Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Polaris Ranger Metal Roof Build w/Winch and Light Bars

After getting inspired by some of the roof builds on here and the need for something a little more rugged I decided it was time to build.

My main goals were to be able to stand on it, store 2X4s and 2X6s, have brackets for my 12in and 8in light bars plus protect them, as well as be able to use my winch to suck animals up into the bed.

I used a sheet of 1/8 in Diamond Plate Steel that was 49 in X 6 ft that I got for the scrap yard.

I made the bends by running the cutting blade on my grinder up and down the seams until I was able to bend it with the 3 pound sledge. I then came back and welded the seams.

Not much left to do except drill a few more holes and then I'll send it off to get professionally bed-lined. (as long as the price is reasonable) Otherwise I'll just do it.
    Attached Files

few more pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

looks great to me!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

I sure like roof mounted winches. Nice work

Comment

looks good!!

Comment

Very nice. I did something similar for my Honda Pioneer. I added some 3/4" angle around the perimiter with gaps at the corners for a drip lip. I was quoted $175 to $200 for a bedliner coating. Elected to go with rattle can camo paint which is holding up well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                Very nice. I did something similar for my Honda Pioneer. I added some 3/4" angle around the perimiter with gaps at the corners for a drip lip. I was quoted $175 to $200 for a bedliner coating. Elected to go with rattle can camo paint which is holding up well so far.
                I have drip edges or lips on it they just didn't show up in the pictures very well.

I used some half inch angle iron

I agree about the bedliner, I'll get some quotes and if they're to high I do it my self.
                Attached Files

Comment

Rust-Oleum makes a rattle can bed liner or you could get it in a gallon can as well. Works well on my feeder's, foot grates on my hang on's and my wheeler bed. May save you some money.

Comment

you interested in a custom radio/speaker box that you can bolt under that nice roof? I built one and decided to go another route... (wife doesn't like it... says it's too loud by her head) i'll sell you it CHEAP if interested!

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
                      Rust-Oleum makes a rattle can bed liner or you could get it in a gallon can as well. Works well on my feeder's, foot grates on my hang on's and my wheeler bed. May save you some money.
                      I agree, I have 6 cans of it and I have used it on all of my previous projects and it is a great product! It holds up well but you have to make sure your metal is very clean or it will scratch off.

I usually use navel jelly to remove any surface rust and do all the other steps to clean the metal but it all takes a lot of time.

If I go with the professional bed-liner it will so I can save time and not have to hassle with the cleaning of the metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                        you interested in a custom radio/speaker box that you can bolt under that nice roof? I built one and decided to go another route... (wife doesn't like it... says it's too loud by her head) i'll sell you it CHEAP if interested!
                        I think I saw this in the classifieds, you can pm me if you want but I'm probably not your buyer.

Comment

Wow! Place in tomball charged me 75 bucks to spray mine. Think it was same money to spray mine hitch hauler for the truck

Like the winch mount idea

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Wow! Place in tomball charged me 75 bucks to spray mine. Think it was same money to spray mine hitch hauler for the truck

Like the winch mount idea
                            What was the name of the place? I got quoted $175 yesterday

Comment

The place 249/Boudreaux did roof. Wanted low pressure (thicker ) on hitch haul and took it to the place 249 and belt. I didn't call, just showed up and asked

Innovative automotive is the place at Boudreaux
                              Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-06-2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X