elephant attack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elephant attack ?

I had a guy tell me that someone on here was attacked by a elephant while hunting in East TX. I tried to search is this true? supposidly the elephant had got out of a game area.

Yes, the elephant has previously been spotted on Chew's place. I think he has pictures somewhere.

Comment

Calling Chew

Comment

Hope it's not true. Very few survive an elephant attack unarmed.

Comment

Yep, Chew has game cam pics of it!

Comment

Originally posted by PiledUp View Post
            I had a guy tell me that someone on here was attacked by a elephant while hunting in East TX. I tried to search is this true? supposidly the elephant had got out of a game area.
            Yessir. It's true. Supposedly he was an escapee from that circus train that derailed near Leona/Normangee about 6 months ago. I got off a few shots at him after he destroyed some feeders and fence lines. Got one trail cam pic of him I can post later.

He almost killed my Catahoula. She latched on to an ankle and he threw her like a Frisbee. $1,200 vet bill and she can walk again.

Elephant was last spotted near Keechi Creek Wildlife preserve. There's thousands of acres there where he could disappear.

There's a story coming out in Field & Stream and Texas Sporting Journal so I was asked not to say too much about it.

Comment

Absolutely true story.
              East Texas Elephants, while primarily nocturnal, have been seen on leases and paper company land in East Texas.
              They destroy feeders, stands, and have been known to attack unprovoked..
              You can buy anti-elephant aerosols *dumbo mace* (much like bear spray), but these are only effective if sprayed directly in the elelphants eyes or the can shoved up the elephants trunk and then struck with a baseball bat or large stick.
              Another method of combatting these non-native beasts is to fill your broadcast feeders with vanilla flavored pea-gravel. Elephants have a natural distaste for vanilla and dont like getting pelted with rocks.
              Last edited by systemnt; 03-06-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Elephant was seen in the Centerville Tx area. Report stated a HCSO officer off duty in camo was the subject of the attack while working on his ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Yessir. It's true. Supposedly he was an escapee from that circus train that derailed near Leona/Normangee about 6 months ago. I got off a few shots at him after he destroyed some feeders and fence lines. Got one trail cam pic of him I can post later.

He almost killed my Catahoula. She latched on to an ankle and he threw her like a Frisbee. $1,200 vet bill and she can walk again.

Elephant was last spotted near Keechi Creek Wildlife preserve. There's thousands of acres there where he could disappear.

There's a story coming out in Field & Stream and Texas Sporting Journal so I was asked not to say too much about it.

You have pics but have sold them to someone so you cant post them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

I can vouch for him. I was there saw the whole thing. It was incredible

Comment

Little overboard fellas.

Comment

I remember.

Comment

Gotta see where this one goes.

Comment

Are any narcotics missing from the evidence room?

Comment

Glad your pup is doing better Chew!

Comment

Working...
                              X