Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Fellow TBH'ers gonna be the Kerrville Schreiner Park hunt this next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Fellow TBH'ers gonna be the Kerrville Schreiner Park hunt this next week?

The wife and I won a hunt at Kerrville Schreiner Park, we are hunting the 8th 9th,10th, just checking to see if any others will be there. We rented one of the small cabins in the park. talked to a fellow Texas bow hunter that went last week with son and saw plenty of deer, hoping this week will be the same. Will keep all updated on our hunt.

Won't be at the park but heading to my place north of kerrville tomorrow

Comment

Can you get an axis too or just WT? Just curious

Comment

A buddy and I will be at the Kerr WMA for a management hunt we were drawn on the 9th thru the 11th. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post
          A buddy and I will be at the Kerr WMA for a management hunt we were drawn on the 9th thru the 11th. Good luck!
          Me and Mr. whiskers were drawn for this hunt too and should be able to make it.

Comment

the way I read the rules, any combo of four deer whether whitetail or exotics, but the only whitetail bucks that can be harvested are spikes, exotic bucks it does not matter, we are loaded up and pulling out of here in two hrs to head that way, will post some LDP, hopefully.

Comment

Just got back from there. All of the animals are spooky, and they know where the existing blinds are setup. If you draw stand 1 -4 or 10 - 12 you will see deer, blackbuck and axis. and they will walk between the existing brush blinds just out of range. So, setup in a new place, away from the exisitng blinds. I drew a stand location not listed above, and didn't see anything shootable. They are a very nice group running the show, and met some great guys from border patrol that were hunting. Bring hunters orange, you have to wear it going to and coming from blinds. They will drop you off so come prepared and travel lite. Bring saw, lopers, chair, rope or wire, leafy camo, CORN or alfalfa, and any other stuff you may need to set up a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by slrodgers439 View Post
                Just got back from there. All of the animals are spooky, and they know where the existing blinds are setup. If you draw stand 1 -4 or 10 - 12 you will see deer, blackbuck and axis. and they will walk between the existing brush blinds just out of range. So, setup in a new place, away from the exisitng blinds. I drew a stand location not listed above, and didn't see anything shootable. They are a very nice group running the show, and met some great guys from border patrol that were hunting. Bring hunters orange, you have to wear it going to and coming from blinds. They will drop you off so come prepared and travel lite. Bring saw, lopers, chair, rope or wire, leafy camo, CORN or alfalfa, and any other stuff you may need to set up a blind.
                Was this at Schreiner park or the wma?
                Last edited by Texantax; 12-08-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Schreiner park

Comment

Thanks for the tips slrodgers439 we are fixen to meet up at at 1100 to check in and orientation. After orientation do they take us to our blinds? I will keep everybody posted on the hunts

Comment

How many hunters and what was the harvest percent if ya remember or know? I was told that most all had a chance or got one.

Comment

They gave us a choice to go to blind at 1:00 or 2:00, we all chose 1:00, they loaded us in the back of trucks and took us back to our blinds. there were 8 people drawn, but only 7 hunters, one was father and daughter, and daughter was the shooter. If they haven't already, they will ask you to shoot their target to make sure you are still on target.

Comment

Got wife's stand all brushed in.

Comment

Comment

Awsome Job! That will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X