North Texas Magnum!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Texas Magnum!!!!!

I was gonna hold off until I had an official score before I posted on here but had some friends send me stuff saying it was getting posted around with misinformation which I am sure happens a lot when big deer are killed.

To start off this guy showed up on my game cam roughly 3 weeks ago never seen before by me and had no previous pics from years past. My world got turned upside down. I couldn't concentrate at work, I daydreamed about it during every conversation had and it was all I could think of. I kept it quiet and only confided in a few people just to get confirmation of what I was looking at.

Over the next couple of weeks I kept hand corn on the ground, checked my cams and collected nothing but night time pics of him. I bow hunted him hard over that same time span but knew that when the gun opener rolled around I was gonna have to make a move. Sure enough two days before the opener I had heard a rumor that someone had seen him during daylight on another property and my heart sank but you can bet I had my .300 when I walked to the stand Saturday morning on the opener. I knew it was a matter of time before someone ground checks this bad boy.

I set most of the day on Saturday in a brush blind I had been bow hunting out of and only came out for a bit to grab a bite. While on stand I noticed one doe that a couple of youngsters where chasing a lot harder than they had been in previous sits. They were chasing hard and running all deer out of my set.

I went back to the same set Sunday morning hoping for another exciting hunt with one more participant. Sure enough I had deer on me before light but they cleared before sun came up. Right after daybreak a lone doe came in and started eating hand corn at 25 yards. 5 minutes later one of the youngsters showed up and his nose hit ground and chased her out and down the timberline. It could just barely see them jumped the fence and leave property about 75 yards away. I told myself I ought to bust that spike for running all my deer off but I knew that he had to be in the area and know all of this was going on since my last camera pull showed him here on the 31st. Sure enough he comes in from the right with his nose 6" off the ground in a full run zig zagging trying to wind the doe. I knew automatically who it was and got ready. He ran in to my hand corn 25 yards away and stopped, raised his head and scanned for the doe. I was already on him and busted him right behind his shoulder. After the shot he turned and ran right at me and actually ran into my brush blind. He looked right at me when he was 5 foot away. It was crazy. He then stopped at 10 yards behind me hard quartering away and I put another one in him behind rib cage on right side. He fell right there and I watched him take his last breath.

Surreal hunt for a surreal deer. It was greatness. After I killed him I still did not know what I had. I knew he was big but was thinking 170s maybe 180s. Never did I think he would tape this big. It is not official but I have faith that my good buddy Hweissert was dang close and definitely conservative with the tape. We came up with 200 3/8" for a green score. I will be traveling down to an official scorer next week.

Sorry for the long read and I hope you enjoy the pics. A big thanks to Hweissert for capping him out with me and to his wifey for getting some great pics. I only have one of her pics now and I am sure everyone can tell which one is hers.

Thanks and enjoy!!!! I'm stoked!!!!

Wow. Great deer!!!

Comment

Thats AWESOME!! Congrats bud!!!!

Comment

Wow! Awesome! Glad you got him!

Comment

Wow! Congrats

Comment

Way to go!!! Happy dance in the woods after I quit shaking and praying. Congrats on the buck and those beautiful little ones.

Comment

He's beautiful! Very happy for you. Congrats.

Comment

Awesome! I can see why you didn't want info on that guy to get out before you put him down! Stud!

Comment

Wow! Amazing deer!

Comment

Great write up and INCREDIBLE deer! Congrats!

Comment

WOW! Great Deer

Comment

Hes a giant. Sure looks 200 to me. Thank you for posting the story.

Comment

Great story & what a deer! Congrats!

Comment

What an awesome deer!

Comment

Wow, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X