Cottonseed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed question

How long will 1 ton last if I'm only filling 3 feeding areas. I just wanna be sure I buy enough to last til august

until it is gone?

Comment

Sorry for that, I couldn't help it.....How much will your deer eat per day, per week, per month....? Allot of things could cause them to eat more or less each day. Are you using round hoops as feeders? If so a hoop 5 ft tall and 30" in diameter will hold about 175 lbs of cotton seed....

Comment

Hard to say!

Just put it out and they will eat it when they want/need it!

This time of year deer tend to not eat as much supplemental feed

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
          Sorry for that, I couldn't help it.....How much will your deer eat per day, per week, per month....? Allot of things could cause them to eat more or less each day. Are you using round hoops as feeders? If so a hoop 5 ft tall and 30" in diameter will hold about 175 lbs of cotton seed....

funny bc I was just thinking im terrible with word problems... j/k lol

I did the same with my corn feeder and figured I was throwing about 4.5 lbs of corn per week but had to let a couple of cycles go through before I could lock down the amount. Also, the timer speed made a difference etc. With cotton seed would think it would much more difficult to measure with wind/rain playing a factor. might have to set it out and gauge it that way.

Comment

1 ton over 3 feeders will not last long once they get to eating it!

Comment

I've had some out for over 6 months in duval and they haven't touched it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                No worries man, it's unusual for someone not to crack a joke. Ive got thick skin and I know most here mean no harm. I just wanna but enough to last the summer but not have 2k lbs laying around til next year

Comment

We buy it in 10 ton shipments but cotton seed will last a long time. You don't need to cover it.

Comment

Working...
                  X