Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    Anybody know whats going on at Apache?
    Officiall word on the news a couple of days ago was 5 o/o rollback on company personel. Unofficially some contractors have been let go, others have been sent a letter asking for price cuts. Several companies have sent the same letter! Now would be a good time to implement plan B, or at least review and fine tune if you have one. Myself plan B is operational with C waiting in the wings, been in the oilfield since 1976, when oil got down to $8 a Bbl., in the mid eighties, I figured out I needed a plan B in triplicate, everyone needs something to fall back on, regardless of your chosen path.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      Officiall word on the news a couple of days ago was 5 o/o rollback on company personel. Unofficially some contractors have been let go, others have been sent a letter asking for price cuts. Several companies have sent the same letter! Now would be a good time to implement plan B, or at least review and fine tune if you have one. Myself plan B is operational with C waiting in the wings, been in the oilfield since 1976, when oil got down to $8 a Bbl., in the mid eighties, I figured out I needed a plan B in triplicate, everyone needs something to fall back on, regardless of your chosen path.

Exactly. Leave a few eggs in another basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        I just jumped back over to a company I used to work for in their Turnaround Division. With the oil down a lot of Refineries have moved their T/A's. They got piles of work and I'm not gonna take a pay hit. I'll just keep on doing this till all this gets ironed out. Except I gotta shave. Sucks!!!!

Smart move! The Petrochem world never seems to slow down!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
          Smart move! The Petrochem world never seems to slow down!
          Do y'all know if they could use a geologist??

Comment

Well we had to take a $125/day pay cut this week. Better than being laid off I guess. Good luck to those still looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Well we had to take a $125/day pay cut this week. Better than being laid off I guess. Good luck to those still looking for a job.
              What do you do/who are you with?

Comment

I haven't got hit that hard YET. I took $75/day plus a salary cut also
                Last edited by bphillips; 01-25-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

No hit to me yet other than I have been sitting at home most of January. Luckily I am on salary and still get a check. But not getting my truck pay and per diem isn't allowing me to save any money right now and our schedule looks slim. Hope it picks up soon.

Starting to look at other options just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    No hit to me yet other than I have been sitting at home most of January. Luckily I am on salary and still get a check. But not getting my truck pay and per diem isn't allowing me to save any money right now and our schedule looks slim. Hope it picks up soon.

Starting to look at other options just in case.
                    Just curious, but if you are sitting at home, and still pulling a check, why would you expect your truck pay and per diem, and why would you need it to save money? Seems like you would be saving money out of that check, rather than counting on a truck "allowance" and daily "allowance".

Is the truck allowance and per diem part of your salary or is it an extra perk of your particular job?

Comment

Doesnt sound to me like he "expects" it. Just stated he isnt getting it. Some people live on their salary or 40hrs ( hourly ) and save OT or mileage or day money or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by AXIS_KILLER View Post
                        Just curious, but if you are sitting at home, and still pulling a check, why would you expect your truck pay and per diem, and why would you need it to save money? Seems like you would be saving money out of that check, rather than counting on a truck "allowance" and daily "allowance".

Is the truck allowance and per diem part of your salary or is it an extra perk of your particular job?
                        I don't expect it but it is extra money that I use to build my savings.

My company pays me to use my truck for work and I am required to have a 3/4 ton 4x4 5 years or newer plus I have to keep commercial insurance on it. I can get by on my salary but with little to no savings.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          I don't expect it but it is extra money that I use to build my savings.

My company pays me to use my truck for work and I am required to have a 3/4 ton 4x4 5 years or newer plus I have to keep commercial insurance on it. I can get by on my salary but with little to no savings.
                          I got it. So, it is your own truck that you pay for. Makes a lot more sense now, since it is a truck that you bought and not one they gave you.

Comment

who are you working with....if you mind me asking. Are you DD or MWD?

thanks

Comment

Well I guess I lied when i said I was getting out of this business.

Im rigged up on a dual well pad. 50 stages per well, ill watch the frac, do the drillout and stay for the well test until we turn it over to production. 3 months +/- of work. Just stay the course guys, it will get turned around eventually. Good luck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                who are you working with....if you mind me asking. Are you DD or MWD?

thanks
                                I'd rather not say the company's name but I'm a DD. When things pick up and you need a job, we'll be crazy busy as always so shoot me a PM then and we'll it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X