Where to pick up shark bait around galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to pick up shark bait around galveston

Anyone got any places that sell a wider variety of shark bait? Or charter places that will give out big fish heads like tuna? I hear Bonita is really good but where would I get something like that?

Jack crevalle, sting ray, whiting. They will eat these as well. Not sure where to get them up there, maybe try a deep sea fishing dock for fish left behind.

Comment

Fresh 3" to 4" shad. Smitty's should have it, 71st Street exit off 45 when you get on the island. It was about $4.00 a pound last week when I bought some. Its the only bait I need for shark.

Comment

The new Buc-ee's in TX City has a decent frozen selection. They even had rays and bonito

Comment

Lots of bait places but the best thing is to either buy frozen whole big mullet but the kinda fall apart after thawing, I use a cast net and catch them live in the surf and then wound them and use them for bait. Also have had AWESOME luck on buying frozen squid the black tips love it!

Comment

Smitty's had whole dinner plate size stingrays last time I was there. That was about 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Pm neck. He's got some I the ready

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ok best place is ....shhhhhhhh....look for the little kids swimming in the shallows...you know squealing and splashing and stuff....give them some bloody chicken thighs to play with and like magic....pow! LOL! Just kidding...I wont go in the ocean...sharks are my phobia

Comment

Jack's if you can get them.

If not, go with Stingray. Its a sure thing right now.

Comment

I gave my kids 2 double drop rigs with dead shrimp fishing in the first gut and had live croaker and whiting all day.

Call Bulldogs Baitshop on 61st and see what he has or can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        The new Buc-ee's in TX City has a decent frozen selection. They even had rays and bonito
                        I was just in there 2 weeks ago. Huge selection of frozen bait! And overall a pretty nice selection of fishing gear.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I always hear people using jack or bonito for bait but have been wondering where they get it, I don't live that close to there so staking out charter boats wouldn't be very easy for me. The place we usually stop at for bait usually has rays, not sure what kind but I'll ask now, and mullet shrimp squid etc.

Comment

From my experience anything you try dropping to snapper sharks eat. I the catching them but kids like em

Comment

Bucees has the best selection

Comment

Working...
                              X