Cougar Run Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cougar Run Ranch

Has anyone recently had any dealings with the guy that runs Cougar Run Ranch? I have family in from out of state and thought it would be nice to take them hog hunting tomorrow or Saturday. Well the guy calls me back and was quite unpleasant to speak with. Now, I realize its last minute but you just do not treat customers that way. I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with him and if anyone knows of a last minute place to take my inlaws rifle hunting for hogs for a day or afternoon?

Travis, Give this guy a call. He's great, and only about an hour and fifteen minutes from you.

www.texaswildhoghunting.com, East Texas,Wild,Hog,wildhog, Hunting,hog hunting,wild,boar,hunting,Langley, Langley Ranch,guided,hunts, texas,wild,hog,hunting, hunting,leases,trophy,wild boars,trophy,hunts,ferral hogs,russian,boars, centerville,texas,bow hunting,for,hogs,pig, hunting, texas wild hog hunting, Randy Dudley,Texas Wild Hog Hunting. WWW.TexasWildHogHunting.com Wild Hog Hunting, Wild Boar Hunting At Its Best. Our Hogs Are Big And Mean. Dallas Hog Hunt. We are In East Texas Halfway Between Fort Worth, Ft. Worth, Dallas, And Houston. Wild Hog Hunting In Texas

Comment

Probably talked to Hal

You probably talked to Hal, the owner. Most of the time, once you give him the money, you won't see him again. The ranch hands are usually OK. I've been twice but don't plan to go back. It's hard for me to contribute to the success of a jerk.

Comment

Thanks, he is a memeber on this site and the ranch is great but I figured that he would be booked up. I might have to call him anyway though just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
          Thanks, he is a memeber on this site and the ranch is great but I figured that he would be booked up. I might have to call him anyway though just to see.
          I didn't know he was a member of TBH. What's his member name?

Comment

I think its Aggiebowhunter or something like that.

Comment

Yea, I called the folks at Langley Ranch and they don't have anything available until May, at least for the weekends. She mentioned they might have some weekdays open between now and then.

Comment

I think Aggiebowhunter is on the Langley Ranch.

Comment

Stins...I've been hearing that more and more about Cougar Run. We had a 12 person hunt planned back when the hurricanes came through. Many of us had to work 24 hour shifts and most of the others could not go due to the aftermath of the hurricane. Hal Newsom told the guy that was coordinating the hunt (a TBH member who has spent thousands of dollars at the place on multiple hunts) that that was the last time he was booking a hunt for that group without all of the money up front. He was very crappy to a very respectable and polite man who had sent dozens of hunters his way. I will never go there based on his attitude.

Comment

I am not privy to the why, but there is a reason LSBA pulled his ad from the magazine.

Comment

How far are you looking to travel to go hunting?????

Comment

Well normally I am willing to travel up to 5 hours, but my inlaws are only here for a couple more days and I am guessing they will not want to travel that far. I was looking to find a place within an hour of Houston.

Comment

I had a similiar experience at cougar run. I ended up killing a small pig, but it was like hunting cattle. The animals were in very bad condition.

Comment

Went once, was successful, but was lied to by Hal. Didn't appreciate it, won't be back...

Comment

Try this guy. I went last year and had a good time. Don't know if he is hunting yet this year. www.huntnshoot.com
                              Last edited by RonaldB; 12-29-2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X