Print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print

Here is a photo from a buddy of mine taken in Idaho at the place he hunts. That is a big wolf!

That is a rather large Canis Lupus track. Bust his critter eating ***!

Comment

Kill em all !!!!!

Rick

Comment

A wolf tag in Idaho is $31.75 for non resident. I am thinking that they want to get some control back of that population of predators that has gone way too far the other way.

Comment

I just saw my first wolf in the wild a few days ago while on a bear hunt in Alberta. They are some big dogs, for sure!

Bisch

Comment

Wolves are quite impressive. As for killing them, my view is that unless they're trying to kill you, or you've got a wolf cookbook, leave them the hell alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Dog View Post
              Wolves are quite impressive. As for killing them, my view is that unless they're trying to kill you, or you've got a wolf cookbook, leave them the hell alone.
              I know some people have strong views on the subject, but I agree with the statement above

Comment

Originally posted by RTC View Post
                I know some people have strong views on the subject, but I agree with the statement above
                We all might look at this a little differently if they lived in our back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  We all might look at this a little differently if they lived in our back yard.

Or if they'd decimated a once huntable elk population in our own back yard.

Comment

We had a couple of wolves move in to my hunting area in Washington, literally 2 wolves. First noticed the coyotes stopped singing at night. Then the deer started becoming scarce. Then a elk that musta been passing through was found eaten by a wolf. The. The moose started becoming scarce. Wolves are the worst predator. They even would kill deer eat the prime meat, then leave the rest of the carcass. The pack grew from those 2 to about 8. Government hired some hunters in helicopters to kill em all last year and already the deer have sprung back. Not nearly to what they were but noticeably.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Dog View Post
                      You, my friend, are sadly mistaken. Predator control is perhaps the most vital tool in the conservationists belt. There have been more than enough studies to prove that an unchecked wolf population leads to the drastic decline of native prey species. There is a reason the elk herds in so many national parks suffer, and that is due to overpopulation of wolves. In order to ensure a healthy number of prey animals, we must do our part in reducing the number of predators. And before you say "let nature take it's course", remember that WE are part of nature, and this is about making sure mankind thrives on the gifts God has given us. After all, we are stewards of God's creation

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Or if they'd decimated a once huntable elk population in our own back yard.
                        But what about the fishing in the streams?

Fish needs pools of water
                        Beavers need reeds to build dams that create pools of water
                        Elk eat reeds
                        Wolves eat Elk.

If you get rid of the wolves, then the elk will eat all of the reeds. If all the reeds are gone, the beavers don't build dams. If you don't have dams the fish don't stay... get it?!??!!??!??

At least that is what I learned watching Nova

You gotta pick who survives and doesnt. See, as human populations grow and we force animals into tighter spaces, we have to pick what the balance looks like. A few wolves might not be so bad, but they can't go unchecked in order to allow fish to pool up. If there are too many elk because there are fewer wolves... then let humans hunt more elk. Allowing nature to take it's course while we have limited the size of the playing feild, bad things will happen.

So I agree that we should let some walk, but only if they are staying inside of the playing feild we have defined.
                        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 06-11-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

If I ever had a chance to put a dirt sheet on one, would not think twice!

Comment

I also saw where Florida is intentionally adding back Panthers into the wild and boost that population. Some research showed that panthers were eating hogs instead of just deer.

It is definately interesting what they are doing and why they are doing this (along with the wolf population.) No matter what, it is a controversial topic with lots of emotions on both sides of the debate. Some folks just want it to go back to the "way it was" but I still personally don't see how you can do that if you don't curb human population growth.

Comment

Think of how much meat a 150 Lb. Wolf would eat in a year and it ain't from Burger King.

Comment

Working...
                              X