Texas hunter publishes wolf book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas hunter publishes wolf book

Recently finished reading a book about the introduction of wolves from Canada into Yellowstone National Park and Northern Rocky Mountain region. Issues related to wolves include not only their impact on big game herd conservation, but businesses and rural life in those states as well losses of livestock and pets wherever the wolves roam.

Former Texas State Sen. Ted Lyon -- also a former hunting and fishing guide around Lake Tawakoni -- presents information by scientists, ranchers and other noted wolf experts in The Real Wolf. TBH elk hunters can probably attest to the decimation of elk herds in the Northern Rock Mountain as wolves spread throughout the range. (The Yellowstone herd declined from 19,000 to 4,000 since wolves were introduced.)

It took a cooperative effort by groups such as the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and more to get changes made allowing states to control expanding wolf populations.

Yes sir, I made comments on here before about how crappy the wolf's were on game and got absolutly blasted for it... Maybe I wasnt wrong after all, ( I knew I wasnt )...

Comment

Is the name of the book"The Real Wolf"?

Comment

Yes. "The Real Wolf." By Ted B. Lyon and Will N. Graves

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X