Not so live at lake lavon big sow down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy Allen had been bigging me to take him out on a pig hunt. He has been begging me to go to lavon with him and show him what to do.

I've never hunted lavon in my life never even been to the lake.

We got the permits a few weeks ago and finally got around to doing some scouting today. We started around 11:30.

The first spot we went to didn't show much for pig sign. So we decided to move on.

We get to the next spot and walk in quite a ways I see some signs and walk around. We get in around 1:30

I find a good spot and we wait for a while and it is still early but we start to get hungry and decide to start heading back to the truck.

I still want to scout a bit and decide to take him north out of the way. I start following some trails and i start to find good sign and fresh fresh scat. And tell him to get in front and keep his eyes open.

After posting in place we hear action. And he looks below the canopy and sees 3 pigs!! About 45 yards away.

The wind is perfect and I have him move to his left to get closer to an open shot. He sneaks in and finds a shooting lane I follow on close behind and range for him at 30 yards.

He waits patiently for a good clear shot and I tell him to wait as the pig comes towards us out of the trees. I tell him as soon as you get a clear shot take it.

Well she steps out and turns away he shot it. He caught a little bit of gut but it took out everything else.

In all the excitement we got up there and had two pigglettes crying that we caught. Allen put his x-bow down chasing the pigglette and lost his bow for a few minutes.

We lost our point of reference looking for his bow and finally got on the blood. (Good thing I geo located the scat seconds before I had him get in front) so I found the blood and got on it. She ran a god ways about 100 yards. Not much blood until the end then it was sprayed everywhere..

Anyway it was a good trip that ended about 5:45. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323825216.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	25010782
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323847355.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	25010783

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323862686.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	25010784

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323896569.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	25010785

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323912686.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	25010786

The piggletes were so cold they huddled between my legs and wouldn't run away.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323932795.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	25010787

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394323991218.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	25010788

They wouldn't run

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394324018146.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	25010789

Now we've got rescue pigs

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394324042587.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	25010790

Congrats on the pig.

Kill those piglets or pen them for later.
    Don't let them go

Comment

Already at a rescue house. Might have to find a home for the pigs or they face the BBQ....

Comment

I'll eat them lil'uns for ya........ I mean rescue them lil'uns for ya !

Comment

Pickle dem piglets

Comment

Pig's are actually pretty smart and make good pets. Just look at the pot belly pigs.

Comment

Little piggies fate has yet to be determined.

Comment

Keep em

Comment

Keep em feed em eat em

Comment

I knew a guy that caught a boar with its umbilica cord attached brought it home raised it could walk it around was a really cool pet. Named him Wilber

Comment

Starting to think the one I shot last week was preggo.

Comment

Are the 4th and 5th pic weird? Odd? Might just be me?

Comment

kill them squealers

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                            Are the 4th and 5th pic weird? Odd? Might just be me?
                            Lol I thought so to. He didn't want to get bloody in his new pants...

Comment

Haha congrats on the pork and the new pets...feed them. Eat them...

Comment

Working...
                              X