GRXH 2014 - The Epic Recap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRXH 2014 - The Epic Recap!

What is more epic than epic; that was the question that needed to be answered!

We answered it! The 2014 GRXH - "Happy, Happy Happy" is in the books; and we might as well stop the presses because this one is going to be hard to top!

We tried to find a word that would adequately describe the weekend, but, what word means epic with a twist of animal-scented-caveman-looking-waterfalling-hog-killing-boat-skuttling-ring-of-fire-GRXH-awesomeness...? Can't think of one? Neither could we; so we made one that fits...

Epic! It means...well the F is for the same thing as the f in fugly...yea, you get the idea!

Pixels to come, but first:
    The top ten things I learned at GRXH 2014!
    10) The internet has ruined the white bass fishing at Granger; apparently the bass read TBH.com and knew we were coming!
    9) How many pigs does it take to feed 50 people for 3 days? Exactly Nine!
    8) Vaping; all the cool kids are doing it!
    7) 32 gallons of gas is NOT enough for 4 days on the San Gabriel in the Beer Barge!
    6) ALWAYS carry a spare prop...or two...or three!
    5) How long can a person stay in the cold a** river? Long enough to find the fry basket...
    4) Hammocks RULE, tents drool!
    3) If waterfalling were an Olympic event, DJ Waterfall wouldn't be able to...well, the new screen name should tell you all you need to know!
    2) The Granger Gorilla is dead, oh wait, not really...
    1) Honesty is the best policy, except at the GRXH where it gets you tossed in the river!

What a great fragging time! A million thanks to everyone who showed up, helped, laughed, entertained, shot pigs, caught fish and everything else!

We were a little under-prepared for 50 some people but I think we all handled it pretty well short of blowing out props and running out of fuel!

My pixels to come soon!

Start the stories people, this one needs to be saved for posterity!

Best hunt ever. PERIOD.

A few small moments of hilarity/stupidity from me included thinking I could sleep in my super awesome Eno hammock without an under quilt and end up in a folding chair next to the fire.

Then when crod's bleeding pig crossed the river and txtyler and I went running after it, I tripped myself on a hammock cable, superman'd through the air, face planted and shattered my quiver and two arrows. Thanks for letting me borrow the Catquiver, Rat.

Also, I found a Native American artifact, nice deer shed, and a Nockturnal nock.

Oh, and.....HOG JUICE rocks!!!

Bowwiz, thanks again for all the help tuning my bow!

Wudstix, your wanton bad@ssery with your double trad kill has only furthered my desire to start developing my own trad skills! Awesome job, man!

Y'all were some of the best company a fellow degenerate bow hunter could ask for.
    Last edited by Sneaky; 02-23-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Lets all hear it for STONE COLD BOBBY, for slaying the godfather of all Granger hogs that I and a few others missed our shots on.
      Attached Files

Comment

After heckling Chief, he got motivated and slew this porker
        Attached Files

Comment

This was my setup. Once I got the sleeping bag I was golden. I'll have an under quilt next time also. Most. Comfortable. Sleep. Ever.

Tents are for the birds!!!

1. Coconut tequila is clearly the work of Satan.
          2. Stop aiming low on super fast snap shots!
          3. Sackett can work a fryer like nobody's business.
          4. GET AN UNDER QUILT!
          5. Watch out for hammock cables when sprinting through camp after a hog!
          6. Definitely do not forget to toss your beans before Friday at noon!
          7. Stand far away from flying fish/meat chunks.
          8. Stone Cold Bobby and Wudstix are humbling hunters!
          9. Hammock > tent.
          10. Don't ever, EVER miss GRXH. F*EPIC!!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sneaky; 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Thursday night steaks...

He's not begging, he's helping...

Waterfall...

Comment

More of Stone Cold Bobby's huge boar.

Look at the cajoles on that thing!

Comment

Towing Lucas out, later, Kreuger towed BOTH of us out! Sackett has that shot...

Shameless drunk picture...

The Croods? Nope, my feet after 3 days of GRXH 2014!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140223_163415.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	24288948

Obligatory Campfire shot...

Last edited by Rat; 02-23-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Wildman marinating some pork back straps

Comment

Sneaky is a mad man when it comes to hauling pigs to camp. This is Stone Cold Bobby's second pig.

Comment

Comment

A pic of Wudstix and his first. He should have more pics to come of the second...

Comment

Outstanding as usual but better!

Comment

Sure looks like ya'll had fun, maybe next year I will be able to make it.

Comment

more campfire pics. one heck of a fire from Friday

Saturday fire was great too

the most popular man in camp with his food tray... and Sneaky being... Sneaky

Comment

Working...
                              X