Bad news from the processor today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news from the processor today

I dropped off a deer at Champion meat processing in fairfield a few weeks back. They called today and said the game warden had inspected their cooler and found some bad meat on a few deer. They then made them dispose of every deer in the cooler. They were apologetic and are sending me a certificate for free processing next year. I normaly process my own, but didn't have time to do this one. I did not know a gw could do something like that. Anybody ever heard of anything like this, or are they blowing smoke?

Never heard if that before. I'm skeptical too, but with the issues their having with EHD in other parts of the country, I can't blame them.

Comment

I'm calling horse hockey. That sounds like the USDA or health inspected

Comment

Game warden ... I don't think so.

Health Inspector would be more like it.

Comment

Ask for the report.

Comment

Id be Poed! What makes them think you want to take your meat back to a processor like that? On second thought, ive been around some guys that dont get their meat on ice in a timely manner, guess it could of been bad when it got there?

Comment

hmm....GM has a lot of stroke.....but I would drive up there and talk to them....cannot imagine some sinister plot to take your venison...

Comment

Man we just got a deer back from them last week and when we cooked some of it, it smelled awful. We couldn't even eat it. Maybe our meat is bad also.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

No certificate would cover what that meat was worth to me.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter817 View Post
                    Man we just got a deer back from them last week and when we cooked some of it, it smelled awful. We couldn't even eat it. Maybe our meat is bad also.

You probably didn't get your own meat back.

Comment

Dig into it deeper, ask for reports.

Maybe the freezer didn't work correctly and the meat got to hot.

Comment

My buddy is the game warden in Henderson county and I know they work all the time in freestone county I'll shoot him a just wondering text!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad
                          Quote:

Originally Posted by txhunter817

You probably didn't get your own meat back.
                          We had already decided not to go back there. They were slow, overpriced and didn't do what I asked with my meat. I never had a problem when they were J&S, but this new company is awful. They have already lost our ranch's business.

Comment

That's a crock

Comment

I have never heard of that before.

Comment

Working...
                              X