Crazy calling experience last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy calling experience last night

I bought the IncoTec for $80 and decided last night, to go to spot in Webster near Ellington field where we have seen some big coyotes. I took my new Benjamin Marauder 0.25 air rifle. My buddy and I hid and cranked up the call. After about 10 minutes, I see eyes across the drainage ditch and get ready for the shot when I notice that it's a dog with a man following. I turn off the light as the pair approach closer. At about 50 yards, he shouts hey, "What are you doing? What's that noise?". I try to explain that it's a varmit caller and we are trying to call in and shoot coyotes but he is obviously drunk. Turns out, he is homeless and living with several men in the woods and our calling freaked them out. We assure him we won't shoot in his direction and we part ways.

It was a weird experience to call in a homeless man during my first calling session with my new caller but it was totally freaky to have a man in my scope, even for a second. I think we may move to a new location next time!

LOL,,,I have called in lots of critters, but have never called in a man before.

Comment

Wonder if it will work on bigfoot to???

Comment

Man that is an odd encounter.

How does that Marauder in .25 do on yotes? Do you have technical specs? Pellet make/model, ftlbs and fps?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          ...It was a weird experience to call in a homeless man during my first calling session with my new caller....
          You must've been using that new "clinking bottle" call.

Comment

Was it making a "change rattling in a tin can" sound?

Comment

Hey Outback,

How would you rate the quality of sounds and volume of the ICoTec? I am thinking about getting one and some real life input would help me make my decision. Gives us a quick review!

cricman

Comment

Good job on ID ing your target in the dark.

Comment

Next time skip the beer opening sound and go right for a cottontail distress or something. More effective on song dogs, not so much on homeless

Comment

I don't know, I would probably have to go back one more time, I think I'd use something with more effect like mountain lion mating calls. Who knows you may be able to get a contract with the city clearing out vacant properties.

Comment

Its a varmit call....Duh

Funny story!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                        Good job on ID ing your target in the dark.
                        X2 at least you didn't just shoot like a bunch of idiots do. "I saw something moving so I shot." A lot of mistakes and unretrieved animals happen that way

Comment

Lots of homeless around that area. They have a camp out in the woods there and they panhandle in shifts. I saw a guy ride up on a bike and the other guy handed him his sign and then rode off on the same bike back the their camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                            I bought the IncoTec for $80 and decided last night, to go to spot in Webster near Ellington field where we have seen some big coyotes. I took my new Benjamin Marauder 0.25 air rifle. My buddy and I hid and cranked up the call. After about 10 minutes, I see eyes across the drainage ditch and get ready for the shot when I notice that it's a dog with a man following. I turn off the light as the pair approach closer. At about 50 yards, he shouts hey, "What are you doing? What's that noise?". I try to explain that it's a varmit caller and we are trying to call in and shoot coyotes but he is obviously drunk. Turns out, he is homeless and living with several men in the woods and our calling freaked them out. We assure him we won't shoot in his direction and we part ways.

It was a weird experience to call in a homeless man during my first calling session with my new caller but it was totally freaky to have a man in my scope, even for a second. I think we may move to a new location next time!
                            Which call were you using? Was it "Suburban Housewife in Distress", "Hobo in Heat" or "Sound of Tall Boy Being Cracked Open"?

Remember to play the wind!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              Man that is an odd encounter.

How does that Marauder in .25 do on yotes? Do you have technical specs? Pellet make/model, ftlbs and fps?
                              I have no idea. It has been unbelievably accurate out to 50 yards. I was hoping to try it on coyotes last night! I will know soon enough. There are tons of video on youtube where they take coyotes, bobcats, fox and hogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X