Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunt

Me and a buddy of mine retired from education a year ago have been planning a once in a lifetime archery elk hunt for thirty years. We researched many different possiblities and chose Black Canyon Bulls at Top Rail Ranch in Colorado near Canon City. Kieth Siebert owner and guide was outstanding. The ranch was beautiful with mountains, dark timber, rolling meadows and creek bottoms. We chose the second week of September 2013 hoping to catch the bulls in the rut-no such luck! It was spot and stalk!!
    We both fulfilled our dream and harvested a bull. It was defintely an experience of a life time. If you would like more details you may email me at donnywilliams1956@yahoo.com. Also, Kieth will have a booth at the Dallas Safari Club January 10-12.

pics

Here are the pics!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Fan-freakin-tastic! Congrats guys!!

Comment

Awesome congrats to u both!

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Cool congrats

Comment

What a pair of elk! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on the harvest and on your retirement. Maybe one day I too can retire from the education field and make that trip of a lifetime.

Comment

Incredible bulls, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats to you both on some great elk and retirement

Comment

Heck of a deal. Congraduations!

Comment

Awesome looking Elk, congrats...

Comment

D.Williams- What a couple of great bulls! Can you share more about your hunt? How did you get in on bulls that big with your bow without calling them in (you mentioned your timing on the rut was off)? Did you walk in, ride horses or other? Day hunt or pack in and camp? How many days of hunting?
                          I am just now starting my research for a elk hunt in Sept of this year. I want a free range elk 325+ with my bow.

Comment

I am no expert on elk hunting. I talked to as many people I could find that had been there to learn from their experience. In my opinion wind and luck is every thing in spot and stalk. Also a great guide who knows the land and elk patterns. In the mountains the wind is changing all the time, so it is very difficult to get in bow range.
                            The short version of my kill was spotting the elk walking in a creek bed and setting up for a ambush. As the bull got close he turned up the other side of the creek bed and my guide stopped him with a cow call at 49 yds. It was the most exciting hunt I've ever been on.
                            You're welcome to call me to get all my contacts that I used.
                            903-780-5988

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X