26 Nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 Nosler

Anybody hear of this new cartridge Nosler is introducing?

Supposed to sling a 130gr 6.5 pill 3400 fps.

No. Gotta link on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      No. Gotta link on it?

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the case is.

I know it takes a lotta powder to get to 3400 fps. In a 30.06 length action, I can't think of any case that will get it there.

Comment

I know it takes a lotta powder to get to 3400 fps. In a 30.06 length action, I can't think of any case that will get it there.

375 ruger is what I was guessing but I don't know. Not very many it could be I wouldn't think.

Comment

I think their use of words is inaccurate.....they say "utilizes a standard (30-06) length action meaning shorter bolt-throw and lighter weight than magnum length actions"

I believe they are using a smoke in mirrors wording and simply stating it will be a long action, but not a 338 large magnum action. I bet it will be a .532 bolt face in a long action. I read some other forums that suggest it might be a necked down 375 ruger

Comment

Once I get back from SHOT I will post the info I get on it here and in the thread Travis started.

Comment

It's a necked down 7 SAUM.

GAP has been wildcatting it under the name 6.5 4S in their extreme hunter rifles.
                If they can make brass available I'll be interested.

Comment

Another follow on this topic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

GAP has been wildcatting it under the name 6.5 4S in their extreme hunter rifles.
                    I haven't see any of the short mags be able to achieve that kind of velocity. The closest thing I have seen in a necked down 7mm Weatherby mag at 3300 fps. Most short mags are about 100fps slower.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                      I think their use of words is inaccurate.....they say "utilizes a standard (30-06) length action meaning shorter bolt-throw and lighter weight than magnum length actions"

I believe they are using a smoke in mirrors wording and simply stating it will be a long action, but not a 338 large magnum action. I bet it will be a .532 bolt face in a long action. I read some other forums that suggest it might be a necked down 375 ruger
                      I know this one will push 3400+ fps with a 140 Berger.

Comment

The 7mm saum brass is hard to come by now with Remington making most of it. Just going to be harder with another saum from the.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

I'm interested!

Comment

Rumor has it that it is indeed a necked down 375 Ruger case.

Their velocity figures are not unrealistic. My 264 Win Mag shoots 130 Bergers at 3400 fps and my hunting load with the 130 Accubonds at 3350.
                            The new 129LRAB has a shorter bearing surface than the 130 AB so velocity should be higher.

Comment

It should be impressive to say the least

Comment

Working...
                              X