hogs at lake ray roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hogs at lake ray roberts

while flipping through my type 2 land book, i noticed its one of the few public pieces with no closed season on hogs. anyone have any luck in this area. its fairly close to me--thanks

They are very very few and far between.

Comment

thanks for the input.

Comment

any suggestions on public land within an hour of mckinney tx, year round hog, or even a cheap day place?

Comment

There are quite a few hogs on the north east side. I am not sure it is on the type 2 land, but range creek has a lot of hogs.

Comment

hey bowtech2, thanks for the info, it that near collinsville, off of 377?

Comment

I have tried on the public land west of lake grapevine also. I went three times and saw hogs once but never got a shot. I think you would be able to find the hogs at any of the public places if you have the time to scout and somewhat pattern them. I just don't have the time. I mainly hunt a lease NE of houston, but I have also been looking for a hog lease around dallas. No luck though, let me know if you find anything. Good Luck!

Comment

thanks cast and blast, will do. you know how it is, between seasons and scouting , you want to hunt, just trying to find something with no closed season--good luck to you as well

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson23 View Post
                  hey bowtech2, thanks for the info, it that near collinsville, off of 377?
                  Yes it is.

Comment

appreciate it

Comment

As for hogs at lake ray roberts, is it legal to hunt from a canoe if you get out before you shoot with your bow ? Ive never used a canoe like that on a lake, but it would seem like a good way to cover a lot of area and quietly. cruising close to the shoreline and when you see a hog, put in and then stalk up on them.

Comment

this would be a good question to put in the general forum, so maybe some GWs could answer it.

Comment

I will offer a bit of opinion here if nobody minds...I asked this same question about this time last year, I got a couple of PM's about places to look, and I looked....that is some way thick cover about right now, and I literally hunted in some folks back yards...as far as hunting out of a canoe, as long as you do not shoot out of the boat...I have never seen anything in the public hunting books about how you travel to your hunting area...good luck...them banks are gnarly right now...

Comment

Working...
                          X