BIG OAK BOWHUNTING Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG OAK BOWHUNTING Review

I was privileged to be invited on a hunt a few weeks back with a great group of guys to Big Oak Bowhunting. Although I was just along as a cameraman I wanted to put in a few good words for those considering an east Texas hunt at Buff’s (Marty’s) ranch. Whether you have your sights set on a certain trophy exotic , or perhaps you just wanted to do a little weekend pig hunt, Big Oak is a great choice for the hunting archer that wants to have a quality hunt at a reasonable price, with a staff that knows bowhunting.

These folks go out of their way to insure your hunt & stay at Big Oak will be one you will remember. Parents that have young ones new to bowhunting would find this east Texas ranch the ideal location for a parent/child bowhunt. The atmosphere at Big Oak is very laid back and relaxing, and Marty and his staff do everything they can to make you feel right at home. The guest accommodations are top shelf; outfitted with all the amenities any hunter could possibly need.

A covered skinning rack and walk-in cooler are among the other essentials a bowhunter would expect to have at a operation of this caliber. The Home cooked meals will have you going back for seconds, and the camaraderie around the table & campfire is a welcome change from the hustle & bustle of everyday life. There is an abundance of game on the place so even the most impatient of hunters will not find themselves getting bored while on stand. Along with many other species, Marty has an excellent herd of fallow bucks this year that are sure to turn just about any bowhunter’s head.

Anyone wanting to go on a quality bowhunt where your expectations will not only be met, they will be exceeded, needs to give Marty a call.

The Lodge
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9325.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24983287

Name:	IMG_9330.JPG
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	24983288

Name:	IMG_9335.JPG
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	24983289

The Cabin

Name:	IMG_9357.JPG
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	24983290

Name:	IMG_9351.JPG
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	24983291

Name:	IMG_9315.JPG
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	24983292
    Last edited by TUCO; 08-27-2013, 07:05 AM.

Nice review... I spy bagley

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter1994 View Post

nice review... I spy bagley

[ATTACH]538196[/ATTACH]

Comment

If you ever learn how to take pictures you'd be dangerous!!! Great pics Tuco!!

Comment

Great post for a really great place

Comment

Nice looking place for sure

Comment

Beautiful trophy room. Would love to go there myself and check it out.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Top notch place.

Comment

Hope to be there soon. Marty sure has a beautiful place.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Got a buddy on here wanting to hook up for a hunt this year and I've been scratching my head. I think I found the place.

Comment

Tuco you really take nice pictures.
                        I need to get you back down here now that we have all the mounts back from the 2012 safari

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JHB4 View Post
                          Beautiful trophy room. Would love to go there myself and check it out.

Comment

Awesome place that i hope to visit one day!!!

Comment

Great pics of a real nice place.

Comment

Working...
                              X