Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What form flaws might be the cause of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What form flaws might be the cause of this?

This will sound like an arrow tuning issue but I’m pretty sure it’s a form flaw. Out of nowhere I’m getting some tail-left arrow kick – not wildly tail left, but enough to where I can see it and it bugs me. The arrow generally still hits where I’m aiming, but I’m concerned about reduced KE as the fletches straighten out the shaft. It’s the same arrow set up I’ve been using for several years, and when I do my job properly they fly very straight, so I must be doing something different. My first thought was that I must be plucking so I’ve been concentrating on my release. Everything “feels” like it always has, but I’m still getting that kick. Might it be something with has changed with the bow? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you checked your brace height, too make sure your string hasn't stretched a bit?

Comment

First check brace and make sure you haven't stretched alittle. If that's the same as before then id suspect your string hand influence or release, make sure your using the same weight distribution across ur fingers as u did when you tuned originally, more index pressure or ring finger pressure can cause slap of shelf/strike plate. Lastly make sure your not pulling away from face on release or plucking

Comment

One thing not mentioned a lot is bow hand influence, variances in grip or even just pressure points can change a lot.... My bow hand has been one of my biggest trouble makers

Comment

Jerp, i get that occaisionally when I'm plucking the string, meaning i'm short drawing a 1/2" to 3/4" and pulling my right hand off to the right rather than straight back through the string.

Comment

Sounds to me like its in your release hand. Maybe your pulling away from your anchor point slightly, or applying finger pressure differently than before.

Comment

John, it might just be the "spazmo" coming out in you!

I cracked up when I read your post in Chew's thread!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
              X