Second attempt to make my pop-up blinds tall enough for trad bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second attempt to make my pop-up blinds tall enough for trad bows

I've got a couple of old T5's from my compound days that are not tall enough for my longbow without canting more than I am comfortable with. I first tried to remedy the problem by using long stakes and tying off the blind 6" off the ground. Worked OK but not great. I think this is a better idea. The frame is built from 1x6 decking boards, with small platforms on each corner. I can now shoot my 62" bow postitioned at 12:00-6:00 without bumping the top of the blind. It does not put the windows too high - I still have a shot inside 10 yards. It is attached at the corners with fender washers and deck screws.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frame.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	24978599

Name:	blindframe.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	24978600

I'm going to put back where it was, in this clump of shinnery

Name:	db2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	24978601

Great idea.

Comment

That's cool and it won't blow away in the wind.

Comment

Looks good Jerp, best of luck to you this fall!

Comment

Very nice Jerp

Comment

looks good

Comment

Good thinking! Good luck this year.

Comment

Good job of adapting.

I have one of those blinds. They're great!

Comment

Good idea! Looks like I will try that on one of mine.

Comment

Nice work, John!

Bisch

Comment

Nice. I used hinges on mine so I could fold it up and carry it out after season.

Comment

Good idea! I've been pondering the same thing with my blind and was thinking of digging into the ground for clearance but will try this out.

Comment

Good Idea! I built this one a few years back to solve that problem.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I started doing the same thing 2 seasons ago when I started hunting with primitive. My bows were now 68-69" and with my style of shooting(very little to no cant) I couldnt get in blinds and I perfer shooting from the ground. I built 2x4 bases and used osb and 2x 2's to make sides. I built the sides 16" tall and mounted my already huge tents on the top. It was luxury, I could stand up and shoot vertically and never have to worry about clearance.

The other cool part was sitting in my chair my head was well under windows so I just cut little holes to watch from and video from and when they were there Id watch them through the camera then stand when they were in the right position.

Comment

Be careful as the bottom of the window will not allow a close shoot. You could have dug into the dirt to make the top farther from your bow

Comment

Working...
                              X