Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold vs. Vortex

What says the green screen?

Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated TMCQ Reticle Matte

versus

Leupold VX-R Patrol Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1.25-4x 20mm 1/10 MIL Adjustments Illuminated FireDot SPR Reticle Matte

Leupold

Comment

Leupold. Nothing against Vortex great scope for the price,but I have often heard them reffered to as the same quality. I have to disagree. I have compared the two and Leupold is by far better glass.

Comment

Leupold might just be the most over-rated scope on the market IMO

Comment

If money is the difference maker then Vortex, if quality is what you want Leupold.

Comment

I personally disagree with Muddy, I too have compared Leupold to the Vortex and I feel the Vortex is better glass for the money ... As well the warranty on the vortex is no questions asked!

That said, I have replaced several Scopes (including Leupold) and a pair of Leupold binos with Vortex glass, I guess ultimately it comes down to the buyers eye. Go check them both out side by side would be he only way for YOU to tell for sure...

Comment

Leupold is the best scope on the market in its price range. IMO.

From the rifleman to the Mark 4 line they stand head and shoulders above the rest in the same price range.

More internal adjustments and cleaner glass

Top that with the best warranty in the business (fully transferable lifetime warranty, no questions asked, free replacement or service) and you won't be disappointed.

A leupold vx-1 has more internal adjustment than the zeiss conquest...

But I'm biased. I've never been let down by leupold.

Comment

I have had the pleasure of using both of these scopes an I will pick up a vortex over the leupold in this situation.

The vortex has just as clear of glass if not better and I prefer the reticle in the vortex over the leupold.

Don't get me wrong leupold makes a great product but vortex has this category IMO. I've been running a leupold mark 4 for many years on my duty rifle and never been let down.

Don't forget the LIFETIME WARRANTY from vortex. Worth the price of admission right there.

It boils down to what the OP prefers. We can argue for hours on end over each other opinions but in the end its just that, an opinion
                Last edited by sierracharlie338; 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

There is no difference in price between these two and both have lifetime warranties.

Comment

When all things are equal, price, etc I'll pick Leopold every time. Vortex has issues with scope flare at low light and I've never had that issue with my Leupolds. And I've had them in the field under the exact same conditions side x side and the Leupold was clear all the way to complete darkness and the Vortex had flare a good 15-20 minutes before legal shooting light ended.

That being said, I don't know why Leupold opted to make their scope 1.25 x on the low end. If you shoot both eyes open, it is just enough difference to mess with your head.

Comment

We have guys on our lease with both and consensus (compared side by side in the field) Leupold is better quality.

Comment

Leupold!!!!

Comment

I like leupold

Comment

Another for the Leupold here!!!

Comment

go leupold or go home

Comment

Working...
                              X