Threadgills at First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threadgills at First Point

Thanks to Bo for running a great place to hunt. I'm already looking forward to next season. My brother killed a 153" 11pt, my dad took home a nice nine, and my 146" 10pt was my first buck and first bow kill.

Last edited by Threadgill; 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM. Reason: Can't figure out how to post pics

Wow, three of y'all scored in the same weekkend?

Congrats either way, but if so y'all really racked up!

Can't wait to see the pics

Comment

It was three different weekends. Sorry, should have put that on there.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow!! Very impressive kills for a day hunting place. Thats the reason i try going there every year.

Also, i take it yours is the last pic..correct? Im saying cause its in your avatar. That buck looks way bigger than 146". Heck it looks way bigger than your brothers deer and your a bigger guy also. Was that measurement confirmed??

Either way there all very nice deer, it was just an observance.

Ray

Comment

Nice deer. Judging by the picture I would think that last deer is bigger than 146" by about 10-11"?

Comment

Agree with the comments about that deer being over 146". Those tines look LONG. Congrats.

Comment

Everyone who sees it says that it looks bigger than a 146", but it's been measured a few times, though not "officially" yet. I"ll do that when it comes back from the taxidermist. To me, it looks bigger in the pic than it actually is. It's longest point is 11 7/8". Its a 6x4. Its "10th" point is only 1 7/8, below the browtine on the left side. He had short browtines too.
                Last edited by Threadgill; 01-20-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

well what pasture did yall get these bucks in? Are you gonna post the stories?

Comment

Congrats on the deer.
                    Kevin they where in 13. Probably the deer Bo was trying to get you on early season. LOL
                    I think they booked the pature for quiet some time.

Comment

HA ya that one buck was the one he had on camera the day before we left. I only went just that one time this year. Sucks i love goin down there but we had another place to hunt that was only an hour and a half from home. Dad got his 1st bowkill a nice ten pt. But i didnt get anything at all. Shot one arrow right over a tens back.

Comment

Nice

Comment

What were the hunt dates, early or late season, also what pastures ?

Comment

They were all from 13. First two were mid December, mine was 1/12/13. They said nobody had ever seen my 10pt. I was just at the right place at the right time. My brother's and dad's deer were both chasing does. They were both 170-180lb. deer. Mine actually came to a feeder, and he was tearing up the corn. He only weighed 150lbs. and had almost no fat on him. These are pics of the brush blind that me and my dad shot our deer from. My brother was in a double bull that was brushed in about the same. The second and third pics show my shooting holes.

Comment

Great kills and good info on the hunt.

Contrats to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X