Hornady Superformance accuracy issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady Superformance accuracy issues?

Two different 7-08s do not like these bullets. Seem to be all over the target. Winchester power points shoot perfectly. Anyone else have such issues?

I'm shooting it in my 7 mag and it seems to be ok. I shot a deer this weekend and hit about 3" low and would love to blame it on the bullet

Comment

Never had issues with them. Always seemed to be very good ammo I shoot them in all my rifles

Comment

I have always used Hornady in my guns. Picked up some Superformance when I sighted in my 308. Threw rounds all over paper. Picked up a box of Amax hornadys and was driving nails in 3 shots. Gunsmith told me that about 75% of guns won't shoot it. I will nevertry it again.

Comment

Had problems in 3 different 30-06's. Tried to blame every thing else first. Was shooting from a sled. With a new leaupold. Couldn't get them to group...all over the paper

Comment

what rifle are you using? my old .300wm doesn't do well with superperformance think cause it's older and maybe twist is not meant for faster rounds

Comment

My 300 win mag likes them. Ive shot targets out to 750 yards. Shot an elk at 250 yards. I have dropped everything in its tracks with 270 and 300 using superformance Sst. Try different grain sizes to see what works best. My 270 likes hornady custom 130 gr.

Comment

ammo

I have a friend who bought a browning xbolt 7mm-08 and the gun shot about a 6-7 in. group at 100 yds with the superformance 139 gr. ssts. The same gun will shoot 140gr. corelokts easily in a inch, and for whatever reason the Superformance were tight when closing the bolt.

Comment

I can't group under 5" out of my AR with it. Get the cheap fmj stuff and stack em on each other.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352863752.446839.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24140998
                    Cracked this one tonight with my .25-06 Sendero and superformance 117 sst's I have yet for anything to take another step.

Comment

I never can get the superformance rounds to group worry a crap either.. 30.06, 7mm, .243... All slung them all over the place...

By the same token I've never had the Remington corelokts perform any better... But some people swear by them.

In the end every rifle has different taste, and every hunter has different ideas of acceptable accuracy.

What i have always found to be good ammo is federal power shok, and better ammo is federal premium. Ive tried 100s of different rounds experimenting with what off the shelf ammo is going to be the most accurate and federal always ranks up there in the sub moa range.

Comment

It is a Remington 700 mountain rifle LSS. Seems like a lot more people have issues than not. I'll stick with what is working. Thanks for the input!

Comment

My 25-06 does not like them at all. 4-5" groups at 100 yards.

Comment

I bought 2 boxes for my .243 and .25-06 and neither rifle would group better than 3". Normally, their both sub 1.5" with factory ammo.

Comment

My .308 loves them. My sons 7mm-08 they are all over the place. Shoot federal fusion's out of it now they pattern very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X