Special Thanks to LSBA and Bugscuffle Bowhunting - Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Thanks to LSBA and Bugscuffle Bowhunting - Youth Hunt

Just wanted to send out kudos to LSBA and Bugscuffle for hosting this weekend's youth hunt. Rachel was lucky enough to get drawn and had a blast. This was her first real bowhunt and one she will alway remember.

Bugscuffle's Bryan and Bryant went out of their way to make sure the kids had a great weekend and Brad from LSBA represented the organization well, as always.

The weather made the hunting tough but animals were seen and a few shots were taken. Rachel just about hyperventilated as this giant 8x8 red stag ambled into our setup. Understandably, the big red stag bulls weren't on the menu.

Through mesh cell phone pic but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	StagE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	24929158

Bugscuffle sits on some beautiful country near Vanderpool. The mountains reminded me of New Mexico.

Name:	ViewE.jpg
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	24929159

Rachel in go mode at a double quad pod setup.

Name:	MaskE.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24929154

This blind will always be remembered as the site of her first animal taken with a bow. Not exactly what we planned but she was quite proud of her first and made a great shot in low light.

Name:	LDPE.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	24929153

She told everyone she was going to skin it and they all shook their heads in disbelief.

Name:	Skin1E.JPG
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	24929155

She even managed to get mom in on it.

Name:	Skin2E.JPG
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	24929156

Finished product. She wants to use it as a bath mat for her little brother.

Name:	Skin3E.JPG
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	24929157

Thanks again Bryan, Bryant, Brad, Debbie and Brenda for everything you did to make this hunt a success.
    Last edited by Cull; 10-14-2012, 08:15 PM.

That is pretty cool. I have eaten a porcupine or two with a buddy of mine in Colorado. Pretty tasty white meat.

Comment

Hey, you beat me to it!!!

I just wanted to say thanks, from myself & on behalf of Caleb & Elijah, to LSBA, Brad & Bugscuffle (Bryan, Bryant, Debbie & Brenda). The youth hunt was this weekend & it was a great time!

These youth hunt opportunities gives some of our kids a wonderful hunts that they might not have the opportunity otherwise afford. So thank you LSBA for all you do to help promote hunting for our kids. I truly appreciate it!

It was great seeing the kids (and dads) make new friends through the bond of hunting.

Bugscuffle has a ton of quality animals, and great accommodations.

Great job Rachel!!!!!!!

Comment

It was great to meet you Sean. We really enjoyed spending the weekend with you and your boys. Elijah was a big help in the kitchen.

Comment

Thanks Steve, we'll have to get together sometime since were so close. I'll pass along the compliments to Elijah!

Comment

Sounds like a good time.

Comment

Thats awesome

Comment

Nice place out there and Bryan is a great guy.

Comment

Awesome pine!!
                  Congrats to the lady hunter and kudos to Bugscuffle. I go there every year and don't have any plans to change that!!

Comment

Great job Rachel. Impressive skinning job!

Comment

Fun times. Doing work with the ignition!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Impressive! Thanks LSBA and Brad. Sounds like a great time.

Congrats Rachel. Bath mat ehh??? That's funny!!!

Comment

Skinned a porcupine, I don't think I would have tried that.

Be sure to let us know how your brother likes his bath mat.

Congrats young lady, that's a pretty cool first bow kill. Anybody can get a deer or pig but not many can say they got a porcupine.

Comment

Very nice Cull! Looks like a blast!

Comment

Big contrast Rachel!! You have quite a killer there Steve! I would say its genetic

Comment

Working...
                              X