Need a camera arm for filming from a tree stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a camera arm for filming from a tree stand

I got started in filming my hunts this year and want to film my bowhunts next year. What brand or company makes good arms for filming out of a tree stand. Nothing expensive, but somthing to get the job done.

Kaleb

I use a gorilla arm with a bogen superclamp attachment to my head/camera. The head on the actual arm sucks.

Comment

One Shot. Make your own equipment. Except for the video head.

Look at pictures of the arms out there and make your own using 3/4" lightweight steel tubing. This way they can be made to fit your situation and you can have one at each stand if you wish. I have made all of mine and my sons. Give it a try. Hardware stores can provide all the materials you need except maybe for the tubing.

Comment

I also use the gorilla arm with a Giottos MH5001 3-way video head.

Comment

Get a super clamp and Bogen arm and put them together. It is rock solid and you can attach it to small branches, square tubing of stands, and this morning I had it attached to my tipod seat- when Im in a ground blind I just use a tripod.

Comment

Do yall know the websites for both of these arms? I tried finding it and had no luck.

Kaleb

Comment

I've been making home-made camera mounts to for filming my own hunts for well over 20 years. If you can find a decent video head, take a Realtree EZ Hanger and drill a hole about 1/2" from the end (near the hook) and insert a bolt with threads that match the bottom of your video head. This could be a ¼-20 or maybe a 3/8-16. Add a jam nut and leave about 1/2" of threads sticking up. Then all you have to do is attach the video head and screw the EZ Hanger into the tree. I’ve made my own arms using the threaded portion of a screw in tree step and welded that to some ¾” tubing.
              For a store bought camera mount, the Gorilla Arm is not bad, but like Trophy Taker mentioned above, the head that comes with the Gorilla Arm isn't very good. I picked a Gorilla Arm up at Wal-Mart when they put their hunting stuff on clearance for about $10.00
              I’ve also made a mounts that bolts to the floor of a tripod stand, or tree stand, to hold a video camera.

Comment

Look here, they have just about anything you will need to make a mount.

Comment

Super clamp, Bogen head, EZ hanger...that's the best way to go. All those camera mounts you can get from cabelas and whatnot are...lacking.

Comment

Working...
                  X