Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Spray diesel on stamp as release agent.
    That will stain the concrete. I wouldn't do this if you are going to used stained concrete as the final finish. You might try cornstarch (or baby powder). I used starch when casting molds in aluminum. Never tried it on concrete, but I bet it would work. I would avoid anything oil based for fear of leaving a stain/ or affecting the concrete stain.
    Last edited by TheGasMan; 09-11-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Im all in man, keep'um comin !

Comment

Awesome looking place, the overhangs are definitely a plus. I love your vault, it will be a great place for the valuables.

Comment

Do not try and stamp the concrete without the release ! You will have that floor as messed up as a soup sandwich. If you do not have a release agent i would wait to pour the concrete or i would pour it, score it and stain it, you can get a really good look doing that, or you can pour it about 1/2 inch low and come back with a stamped overlay, your saving of money would go out the window with this option, good luck with it.

Comment

I got sidetracked and forgot to take pics tonight, but got side porch poured, and stamps came out great. Concrete guy used mineral spirits for release agent. Roof on awning is on, and post on front porch.

Comment

If you can get hvac into that vault somehow.It will save your guns in the long run.

Comment

Brian.....that is Beautiful.......I want a tour of your new place soon........Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                    Brian.....that is Beautiful.......I want a tour of your new place soon........Great Job!
                    Your welcome to come out anytime for a tour.
                    Last edited by BrianL; 09-11-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Coming along nicely.

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

There is a neat deal that happened last week. I was.a little hesitant to post, but think I will. Last week I was in the pasture planting my food plots, and when I got back there was a truck leaving. I visited with them, which I will get Back to in a minute.

I got back to the house to find my wife, smiling but could tell she had been crying. She told me about a neighbor and her little girl that had came to look at our old house.

the mom had just graduated college and been looking for a house to be moved to some land a couple pastures over. They wanted to look at our older house we are living in. the little girl went from room to room looking at could possibly be her new room. They looked for a while, and asked if we would sell it to them. my wife said she would have to talk to me, and would get back with them. That's when the little girl asked her mom if this could really be their new house. That is when the wife made an executive decision to give them the house. Evidently that is when tears started flowing all around.

When I talked to them as they were leaving, they were crying still and told me you're wife just gave us a house......The little girl asked me why she would just give them a house. I was sure proud of my wife, and proud our old home will be a home to someone new.
                          Last edited by BrianL; 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            There is a neat deal that happened last week. I was.a little hesitant to post, but think I will. Last week I was in the pasture planting my food plots, and when I got back there was a truck leaving. I visited with them, which I will get Back to in a minute.

I got back to the house to find my wife, smiling but could tell she had been crying. She told me about a neighbor and her little girl that had came to look at our old house.

the mom had just graduated college and been looking for a house to be moved to some land a couple pastures over. They wanted to look at our older house we are living in. the little girl went from room to room looking at could possibly be her new room. They looked for a while, and asked if we would sell it to them. my wife said she would have to talk to me, and would get back with them. That's when the little girl asked her mom if this could really be their new house. That is when the wife made an executive decision to give them the house. Evidently that is when tears started flowing all around.

When I talked to them when they were leaving, they were crying still and told me you're wife just gave us a house......The little girl asked me why she would just give them a house. I was sure proud of my wife, and proud our old home will be a home to someone new.
                            Pure greatness!! Kudos to you and your wife.

Comment

It sure is hard leaving to go work in mornings. They had a full crew back today. Porch was being framed, last two windows being installed, and going to start on roof. I'm guessing it will looked different this afternoon.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Brian!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X