Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakes Whitney and Aquilla 2012-2013- lets go hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakes Whitney and Aquilla 2012-2013- lets go hunting!

Now that the fall GTG is complete, Welcome to the 2012-2013 TBH opening thread for Lakes Whitney and Aquilla. Here is to a good, safe and successful season.

I spoke with Tiffany at the COE office in Whitney Friday afternoon, 2012-2013permits for those that were registered for 2011-2012 AND completed the survey will be available on-line starting 20 August. New hunters will be required to visit the Project Office starting 20 August 2012. Don’t forget your new hunting license and hunters ed card.

As it stands at this time, those that didn’t turn-in a 2011-2012 survey will be blocked, she didn’t know the final word as it hadn’t been through all of the govt red-tape (she didn’t say that, I added it on my own). Website will be the same https://whitneylakehunting.tamu.edu/

There is a new hunting coordinator that is more of a wildlife management type rather than a ranger doing double-duty as the hunting coordinator.

Weather as of 3 August, hotter than a Plowman campfire. At least the lake levels are better than 2011. As of 3 August, Whitney 530.22 (2.78 low), Aquilla 535.98 (1.52 low)

Guidelines (and you are welcome to add additional):

Have fun and enjoy!

Hunt hard or stay on the porch.

Respect your public hunting land, fellow hunters and non-hunters.

If you pack it in, pack it out. Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Empty corn bags don’t mark a spot, its called litter.

Watch out for young bucks, know the TPWD regulations and Lake Whitney/Aquilla hunting policy.

Complete your hunters survey, for 2011-2012 62% completion, about 857 upset folks (been there myself 2010-2011).

If you borrow something, return it. If it’s not yours- leave it alone. If you feel you need to do something, report it.

Be safe, wear your fall arrest harness if hunting from an elevated stand and if by boat-wear your PFD.

1,000 other hunters have hunted that spot before, it’s not strange stuff.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Razorback01-out.

Last years thread seemed like the longest ever! Thank you for starting this new thread. Hope everyone
    has a great time and a great season this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
      Last years thread seemed like the longest ever! Thank you for starting this new thread. Hope everyone
      has a great time and a great season this year!
      It was only a year long like the others . I think we had more interaction last year than previous years .

Anyway, My best to all of you going out there this year!. May your dreams be filled. Memories be made. And freezers well stocked.

And don't forget to wear your hunter orange .

(Now where's that birddog of mine? )

Comment

What a way to start of the thread. Thats an excellent opening post. Good luck to all the guys and gals this year. Dont for get about the contest. All money is due before opening day of bow season. Be safe out there this year everyone and have a blast out there. Respect everyone and there things and put a deer or 5 down. Good luck this year.

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait to get out there. Granted I'll probably wait for cooler weather. Everyone have a great season and be safe out there.

TO- I want in on the contest but don't know if I'll be out there before opening. I can mail ya if you'd like. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter75 View Post
            Awesome. Can't wait to get out there. Granted I'll probably wait for cooler weather. Everyone have a great season and be safe out there.

TO- I want in on the contest but don't know if I'll be out there before opening. I can mail ya if you'd like. Let me know.
            You can mail or paypal me.

Comment

Wish everyone a great and success-filled year.

Don't know if I'll get to hunt Whitney this year or not. Sure miss it. Been having to travel quite a bit.

Comment

Doug all gerat reminders. now i'm lookin forward to the season and meeting many more great folks.

Comment

I cant wait, 8 more weeks, I just bought a dead on rangefinder that goes in your sight, anybody ever used one

Comment

Hope to meet some of you guys out there sometime. On a side note what camp Grounds stay open for use by the hunters going out there?

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                      You can mail or paypal me.
                      Send me your PayPal
                      And how much the contest is.
                      Thanks!

Good luck to everyone this year!

Comment

I don't get to the southern end much. the places I stay are Plowman and Kimble Bend, I also think Steele Creek just south of Lakeside stays open, but no electricty/water (not 100% sure). About mid-lake, you have McCown, after that no idea. My boat isn't large enough for the open lake with a front blowing in. There are several places to walk-in.

Comment

Lookin forward to it!!!!! Was out at the Nolan earlier in my kayak and it sure is grown up around the edges. Gonna be interesting to see how the herds look this year. I'm hoping that we can see some more rainfall before the opener as it will only help in the long run. Can't wait to get some cameras out and start trying to identify some targets of opportunity! Good luck to everybody and watch your step.

HG

Comment

Targets of Opportunity, otherwise- TOP. I haven't heard that since assisting the Air Force/ Air Combat Command while assisting on Operational Readiness Inspections (ORIs).

Comment

Ive been moving cameras around for a few weeks now. Got lots of slicks showing up. and a few smaller bucks. nothing to big quiet yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X