Electric smoker from old frig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric smoker from old frig.

I have to give all the thought process and building credit to my dad. He had this old frig that didn't work and for a long time we kept saying we were gonna build a smoker out of it. Well he did. I did do the paint job though. Here's the pics. I think it turned out pretty good. I currently giving it a shake down and we'll send it on it's maden voyage with a brisket for the Forth of July. Hope the pic speak for themselves.

cool cooker!!!

Comment

I really like this cooker. Should catch plenty of looks when your pulling hot slabs of ribs out the old ice box.

Comment

Pretty sweet looking

Comment

Is the burner in the fridge part? Or freezer part?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            Is the burner in the fridge part? Or freezer part?
            Hahahaa. Old oven part.

Hopefully I will remember to take some pics of the brisket being cooked. If I remember, I'll post em.

Comment

Originally posted by txstringbender View Post
              Hahahaa. Old oven part.

Hopefully I will remember to take some pics of the brisket being cooked. If I remember, I'll post em.
              No no no. Let me rephrase. After you removed the burner from the old stove, did you place it in the fridge area of the appliance or the freezer area of the appliance?

Comment

No no no. Let me rephrase. After you removed the burner from the old stove, did you place it in the fridge area of the appliance or the freezer area of the appliance?
                It's an old fridge. I don't think it had a freezer.

Comment

Sweet smoker!

Comment

what is the inside made out of ? is it plastic or metal ?

Comment

Sorry, I guess I just misunderstood. The burner is down in the bottom of the Frig. I don't think it even had a freezer if I'm not mistaken. Just plug it in turn the dial to the setting you want, put some wood chips on a metal pie plate on the burner, close it up and drink beer.

The inside is metal. It's an OOOLLLLLDDDD frig. Not to much plastic on it. I do however think the inside of the door may be plastic, but I had it up the 250 earlier and it didn'd melt it.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

That is awesome!! I did a brisket yesterday on my little H20 Smoker, and wish I had a more room to smoke more stuff.

Comment

bad *** love the paint job

Comment

Cool I did a smoker out of an old cafeteria food warmer. It is all stainless made swapped the thermo and added a extra burner for more heat it works pretty good we use it for sausage mainly.

Comment

Working...
                              X