Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remington 870 replacement is the 877 Nitro---anyone like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 870 replacement is the 877 Nitro---anyone like it?

I was killing time in the Allen Cabelas today and noticed the Remington Nitro 877 on the gun rack. I searched TBH for a thread and didn't see one and haven't seen much info on it.

what is everyone's thoughts on it? do you like the way it handles/shoot?

There will never be a replacement as dependable and reliable as a Remington 870. Now for the 887, I shot one my buddy has. I absolutely despised that gun. It cycled rough, jammed, and I could not shoot it. It did not "fit" me well at all.

Comment

LOVE my 870. No experience with the 877

-Ike

Comment

I have one of each, and love em both! no complaints with either!

no complaints...

Comment

The 870 fits me like a glove, and therefore, there will always be 2 or 3 in the safe. I have shouldered the 887, especially while wearing my hunting coat, and it just doesn't fit me. I did not like the ergonomics of the 887, nor did I like the fact they changed the location of the controls. I will not bash the gun since I don't own one or haven't shot one, but I will not purchase one either. I'd rather just continue to buy 870's as they come along.....

Comment

I bought the 887 this year when I left my duck gun at home. I ran to Walmart and bought the 887. I used it several times during duck season and loved it. Never had a single problem. Two thumbs up.

Comment

I like them both but if you do research on the internet about it you'll see alot more bad things being said about the 887 than good.The only problem I've ever had with it is having it double feed a few times.I'm still not sure why that happened but I guess maybe I just didn't cycle the pump action hard enough is what I'm guessin.Other than that I haven't had any problems with it.It points and shoots good......recoil isn't bad at all even with 3 1/2" shells in it.And I like the fact that it has ArmorLokt coating on it to keep it from rusting too.

Comment

Wont buy it... Remington's QC has been very poor the last 12 years

Comment

I won one last week at a Ducks Unlimited Poker Game event with the DU logo on the side. It is the Max 4 camo if anyone would like it, Its for sale and has never been fired. Im going to flop it to buy a pistol for my wife.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I think I would look for an 870 first.

But, give me a BPS over a Remington any day...

Todd

Comment

I don't think the 870 could ever be replaced. It's so dependable.

That being said...... I have no experience with the 887. Look forward to more reviews though.......

Comment

i looked at getting one of the nitro mag 887 tacticals. there are bad reviews and good reviews out there. the only one that i found to be any sort of an issue was the placement of the forearm release. if you dont watch it, you could smash your finger. but other than that, i am gonna go with one myself.

Comment

Plastic covered thing.... I stopped looking at it right there.... I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                              I think I would look for an 870 first.

But, give me a BPS over a Remington any day...

Todd
                              Yes sir! Even though it ejects from the bottom I wouldn't trade a BPS for two 870's

Comment

Working...
                              X