• Show
Clear All

Video

Comment

Nice video!!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Congrats Buff!

Comment

Great job Marty! I need to get in on this thread. I didn't realize how great it was. Going back to page 1 to read all the way through.

Comment

Great video, as always, Marty!

Congrats again,

Bisch

Comment

This is one of the best ideas and most interesting read.

Comment

Can't wait to put my name on the list. Y'all hurry up! =)

Comment

This is awesome. Wonderful idea!

Comment

I love me some Buff and Chunky Show

This dispells the myth that Marty can only shoot a Black Widow.

He use to tell me he loved me when I would find an animal for him, now Bagley gets all the glory. yes I am a little jealous.

Congrats my friend on a fine write up, shot, and excellent video!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Here is the list again:

Looks like meangene is next!

Bisch
                      I sent my money and was supposed to be right before or after Bisch

Comment

I received Sacagawea this past weekend. She's pretty! Haven't had a chance to shoot much yet, just a few trial shots. I'll post soon after my Memorial Day holiday.

Comment

Here is the last of the first list.

1.....Mark Johnson..................Chunky
                          2.....Ron Jones.......................Ron
                          3.....Curt Czaplicki..................Uncle Saggy
                          4.....Ronnie Harper..................Elf Eyes
                          5.....Clay Epperson..................C.Epperson
                          6.....Alex Guitierrez..................Gator Gar
                          7.....Charles Jones...................One Way
                          8.....Chris Driscoll....................agtex 42
                          9.....Michael Buffington.............Meat Eater
                          10....Kirby Wiseman..................Flywise
                          11....Jason Sanders..................Jason Sanders
                          12....Matt Smith......................Trick
                          13....Arvin Weaver...................Selfbowman
                          14....Gene Bohanon..................meangene 60
                          15....Eric Wortham...................ENW
                          16....Marty Thomas..................Buff
                          17....Deb Weaver.....................Deb
                          18....Roland Guerra...................Mesquite
                          19....Todd Bolton.....................Stick'um
                          20....Jerry Bischoffburger...........Bisch
                          21....Scott Jurk........................gtsticker

Bisch and Scott, check with Deb when you get ready to send her on. If she feels she is ready for a turn...send the bow to her. If not, Scott, you will send her back to Bob.

If at any time along the way, Deb can take her turn....we will get her the bow. We want her a part of this, when the time is right for her.

I will post up a second list in the next week or so, when I get some time.

Comment

My name is Roland Guerra aka Mesquite. I've been an avid bowhunter for 26 years, the last 4 years have been with traditional only. Like many, I began trad hunting for the challenge. I hunt in some terrific ranches in south Texas, one of which I own, the T-post Ranch. It seemed that when hunting with a compound I would pass up lots of shots, including shots on pigs. Any animal I would draw on with my compound would die. So thoughts of having to clean a muddy pig would keep me from pulling the trigger on my release. That's when I decided to go all trad! Now every shot is a challenge that requires total concentration. Everything is game now! Pigs, cull bucks, does, even small critters are targets. My first longbow was a Dwyer Defiant. Since that first bow, I have purchased several more Dwyer's, several Sarrel's and this past season I hunted exclusively with a longbow that I made. I had a good time making my bow and plan to make more soon. I was successful on a handful of hunts with my self made laminate longbow. Definitely a different feeling hunting with something you made yourself.
                            I have been married for 12 years and have 2 young daughters and a 10 month old baby boy. They love the ranch, love to sit with me in my pop up blinds, but they hate bugs! Definitely something we have to work on.
                            In the 90's and into the early part of 2000's, I worked on my ranch as a bowhunting only outfitter. Had lots of fun, made lots of friends and some money as well. From 2004-2009 I was a pharmaceutical rep. in the Rio Grande Valley. In the spring of 2010 I took my drug rep experience and built my own pharmacy, which has been running well for 3 years now. For the last 6 months I had been looking for something else to do. When I stumbled across an ad looking for a real estate agent to represent Whitetail Properties in south Texas. I felt compelled to call them up in Illinois and make sure I wasn't wasting there time, since I wasn't a real estate agent. Two months later I got my license and was on a plane to Pittsfield, IL! So for just over a month I have been the WP agent for all of south Texas. You guys feel free to check out the website at whitetailproperties.com, look me up under agents and please keep me in mind when it comes to land sales.
                            Now, Sacagawea , she's definitely a sweet bow. I'm pretty comfortable with her. I've owned a Sarrels Blueridge SR for a few years now so Sacagawea felt just right from first grasp. I really have not had much time to shoot her. What with school ending, Memorial Day holiday, and my new job, I'm barely setting aside time to write this. I'll try to shoot her some this next week before I send her off to the next lucky archer. I might even be able to take Sacagawea to my ranch this weekend, hopefully. I'll try and keep ya'll posted.
                            Last edited by mesquite; 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Nice bio, Roland!

Mark, Scott and I are both local to my area and we have a mule deer lease together. I will check with Deb when the time is here and see what she wants to do.

Bisch

Comment

Wow! Just watched Marty's video. Very impressive. Just wondering how far was the shot? I assume that was at Big Oak. Congrats on a great kill and a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X