• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Swedish Meatballs

Supper Easy and tasty.

Meat Balls
    1 1/2 pounds of ground Venison
    1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs ( can substitute crushed crotons)
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup green or white onions
    1/2 tsp salt
    Dash of pepper
    1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 egg yolk
    1 tbsp olive oil

In a large bowl mix all ingredients until well combined. Roll mixture into palm sized balls and place on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Brown meat balls on two sides in a large skillet for about 3-4 min on each side.

Sweed Sauce
    6 tbsp brown sugar
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    2 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup water

Bring water to a medium boil and whisk in all ingredients. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-7 min.

Once your meatballs are browned arrange them in a Casserole dish or in a crock pot and pour on your sauce. Place in the oven for 45 min at 350. Or in a crock pot on high for 1 1/2 hours.
    Attached Files

Sounds good, going to have to try this one

Comment

Made this last night for my 4 year old son's b-day party! They were a huge success. Everybody was raving about them til some of them found out they were venison. Then all of a sudden, they had a "gamey" taste? What is wrong with people? Thanks for the recipe, my wife and kids love venison, so I'll just continue to make them for them. Thanks again! Oh and I didn't tell them the chili was feral hog? They loved it too! LOL!

Comment

what do you serve them on...a pasta or mashed potatoes or?

Comment

So one way to "cut" that "Gamey" flavor is to make to punctures into the plastic bag on either of the tie. Then defrost in water. You want to allow the water to seep into the bag as the meat thaws? Are you with...

Ok, next place you meat in a container with the tie pointing down so it can drain. Allow it to drain in the bowl in an upright position in the fridge for 6-10 hours. A lot of the iron flavor will be removed. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
            what do you serve them on...a pasta or mashed potatoes or?
            We serve them on tooth pics.

I've let them cool overnight in the fridge. Then put em on a skewer rolled em in flower and deep fried them too. Meatball Kabobs. Fun

Serve them over rice, or
            On a kaiser roll, or
            With bow tie pasta diced green onions and more sauce...

Comment

These turned out awesome! Great sweet flavor!

Comment

dinner!

Comment

Working...
                X