Montana LIVE HUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana LIVE HUNT

Well me and my dad are back at the Milk River in Montana for the second year in a row hunting with Milk River Outfitters. For yall that dont know this summer here at the Milk they have had an awful breakout of Blue Tongue and over 90% of all the whitetails are dead. This was an awful curveball mother nature threw at us but we decided to still go through with the trip. Eric Albus the owner of MRO promised us he would find some good deer for us to hunt even if we had to travel 2 hours south of the Milk River to hunt on the Missouri River in Wolf Point. We got here last night and glassed some of the fields here around the lodge and didnt see anything worth chasing here around Hinsdale,so we will most likely drive out to Wolf Point tonight where the blue tongue didn't effect the herd.

Since in Montana a deer tag is for either whitetail or mule deer we went out to the hills to try to get on a nice muley. We woke up at 5;30 this morning and headed out to a ranch where some good bucks were known to inhabit. We got set up on top of a ridge so we could glass down onto a field at sunrise to possibly spot a shooter then see where he would bed down for the day. We saw a few nice 4x4's but nothing we wanted to put a stalk on. Attached are a few pictures of this mornings hunt...

We all decided that our best chance to arrow a couple big whitetails is to make the drive to Wolf Point and hunt a few AlfaAlfa fields for the rest of the week. Our guide went ahead and reserved us motel rooms for the rest of week so we wont have to make the 4 hour round trip every day. Our guide has been watching a field there that has deer that will go 140's and one monster 8 that he thinks is he gonna be in high 150s. Me and my dad are both gonna set up in this field so we are pretty pumped. We are about to start getting packed up to head out, hopefully there will be phone service in the stand so i can keep the thread updated. If not then I will update from the motel tonight after the hunt. Thanks for following.

Sweet!

That trip is on my bucket list one of these days.

Comment

Man that's awesome. Tuned in and good luck!!!!

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Go get em.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I hope y'all get a good one. Good luck.

Comment

Nice. Post a lot of pic's. Never been to Montana. Its beautiful from those last pic's

Comment

Looks awesome, good luck.

Comment

Heading to the stand... First hunt of the year.. High expectations

Comment

Following along...

Good luck

Comment

90% of the population, dead!

....on a lighter note, best of luck!

Comment

Will be following along.

Comment

Well I am now set up in a stand overlooking an alfalfa field right next to the missouri river bottom... Heres some pics..Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315863598.807022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	24014721
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315863638.256463.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	24014722
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315863712.603568.jpg