Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Targeting Cancer for Bobby Minchew & John Glass 3-D Archery Shoot by BFAC & LSBA

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targeting Cancer for Bobby Minchew & John Glass 3-D Archery Shoot by BFAC & LSBA

Targeting Cancer for Bobby Minchew and John Glass 3-D Archery Shoot & Fundraiser

Shoot will be hosted at Buffalo Field Archery Club by the Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Bobby Minchew (Chew)

How it all began

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

John Glass

John's Story

Both, John and Bobby, will be undergoing surgery again in the next several weeks. Both will be out of work for an extended period of time. The funds are being raised to assist with medical bills and other necessities for them and their families.

Date: August 21, 2011

Time: 10:00 a.m. Shot gun Start

Buffalo Field Archery Club
    Cullen Park Archery Range
    Clay Road
    Houston, TX

MAP

Shoot Fee, includes meal and drinks $25.00

We will be shooting by LSBA rules and classes, which I will post after the initial post.

LSBA Classes and Rules

We will be shooting teams of 4 per target. Individual scores will count. When you pre-register, please include your Team Name, individual name, contact information and class. If you do not have a team, you will be assigned a target and team on the day of the event. We have room for 120 shooters with 30 targets. If we have more sign up, then we will move to 40 targets and 160 shooters. Pre-registration is preferred, but not mandatory. If you we get more than 160 shooters, we will try and accommodate as many as possible. 100% of the Shoot Fees will be going to Bobby and John!

PRE-REGISTRATION is PREFERRED

Pre-Register NOW

LSBA Rules indicate a 4 hour time limit, but this will be waived for this shoot.

For those who cannot make it and still want to participate:

12-RING BUDDY

Adopt a shooter(s) and pledge an amount toward every 12-ring that he/she makes during the shoot. Shooters, you can also solicit pledges from friends, family and co-workers. It will be the shooter's obligation to notify their 12-Ring Buddy and the others who have pledged, the number of 12-rings you shot. You can collect that money or they can Paypal it directly to the LSBA after being notified.

RAFFLE AND SILENT AUCTION

There will be a silent auction and raffle held on the day of the event. Depending on the donated items that come in, I may try and do a Big Item Raffle Ticket with 3-5 or so items on it, so everyone can participate. I am still working out the details on the raffle, so bear with me. 100% of the raffle and auction money will be going to John & Bobby!

DONATIONS

If you have an item you would like to donate, please EMAIL me detailed information of the donation. In the subject line, please put "Targeting Cancer Donation." The information needed is as follows:

Type of Donation/Hunt:

Value of Donation:

Number of days (if applicable):

Donation includes:

Not included:

Donor Name & Address:

Business Name (if applicable):

Website (if applicable):

Telephone Number:

Email Address:

Please, pretty please EMAIL this information to me or send by Regular Mail, along with your donation. PLEASE do not send it by PM, Facebook or any other form. I need to keep all of this information in one place and not have to search multiple inboxes for it. All donations are very much appreciated!!! My email address is denakana@gmail.com. Donations can be sent to:

Targeting Cancer
    Lone Star Bowhunter Association
    117 Hwy. 332 West, Suite J, #101
    Lake Jackson, Texas 77566

SPONSORSHIPS

We need Sponsors! The funds from the Sponsorships will assist us with getting started and immediate needs, such as T-shirts, printing, plaques, advertising, etc., and the remainder will go to Bobby and John.

Sponsorships will be available for each target, plus an Awards Plaque Sponsor. General Sponsorships are also available.

Plaque Sponsorship, includes your name or business name at the bottom of each award plaque and signage at the Awards Ceremony............. $750.00

Target Sponsorships, includes signage at your particular target............. minimum of $25.00

General Sponsorship, includes signage at event.............minimum of $25.00

If you would like to help sponsor Targeting Cancer for Bobby Minchew and John Glass 3-D Shoot, please contact me by EMAIL or 409 739-2630. Please include Targeting Cancer Sponsorship in your Subject Line. Payment can be made by check, Paypal or Credit Card. LSBA's Paypal address is paypal@lonestarbowhunter.com.

VOLUNTEERS

We are in need of volunteers for the event. Buffalo Field Archery Club will need help getting the course ready the week before, putting up targets, etc. Volunteer oppurnities include, but are not limited to the following:

Mowing/trimming (BFAC has the equipment)
    Shredding (BFAC needs a tractor and shredder to do some shredding for extra parking space)
    Cooking and Food (BFAC has pits or you can use your own equipment)
    Beverages/Ice
    Early Sunday morning assistance
    Sunday Clean-up
    Security
    Merchandise Sales ( If we are able to get T-shirts made)
    Registration
    Silent Auction/Raffle
    First Aid

If you would like to volunteer, please contact Stan Rodgers at stan4231@swbell.net or Dena Kana at denakana@gmail.com or 409 739-2630. Please put Targeting Cancer Volunteer in your Subject Line of the email.

ITEMS NEEDED

Monetary donations
    T-shirt and Banner Design
    Food
    Beverages/Ice
    Coolers
    Plates/Utensils/Napkins
    Condiments
    Tables & Chairs
    Canopies
    1 ATV
    First Aid Kit and Supplies (It is going to be HOT)

I am sure there will be more later.

If you would like to assist with these items, please contact me or Stan and put "Items Needed" in the Subject Line.

GOODY BAGS AND GOODIES

We would like to have Goody Bags for all shooters and attendees at this event. If you have any items which you would like to place in the bags such as brochures, novelty items, pencils, key chains, etc., please forward them to me at the LSBA address listed above. Let's make this an event to remember! Currently, I am planning on making 200 bags, however, that may increase with ongoing registration.

Please invite all your friends and post on your Facebook Page!

I would like to get T-shirts made for the event, but need help with a design. If so, we will probably do a pre-order first and then order merchandise for the event. I'm sure it will also come together.

Thank you!

Let me know if you have any questions! I will be blocking rooms at a nearby hotel or two! Let's KCA!!!

Excellent stuff Dena, thanks for putting this all together! I'm in for being a 12 ring sponsor and I'll also see if I can drum up a sponsorship from the shop here for a target. Keep me in mind for the raffle tickets as well please.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

This is AWESOME!!! I don't know where to begin... just count me in Dena! I'm not much on shooting in tournaments, but I'll help. Just plug me in somewhere. If Chew can travel by then, I'll bring him and the Crew...

Comment

At this time I'm planning on being there but probably will not shoot. I'll get the details worked out with my wife and make contact to volunteer. It's the least I can do.

If I may, I would like to suggest an annual shoot for kicking cancer's ***. There's a walk for the cure so why can't we have a shoot for a cure every year? I was talking about this earlier today with a friend and he thought it was a good idea.

Comment

This is awesome. God bless Texas and those if you raising to this occasion for a great cause.

Comment

This is a great idea!! I'm going to do my best to make this event.

Comment

wow is all I have - - - go - go - go

Comment

As posted by Dena I will need some help to get my side ready.

I will do a seperate post for each need

Thursday afternoon late. I need about 3-4 people to cut and trim.

We have a zero turn. They will not let me drive it as I ran over something...

A riding mower

1 good weed eater and chain saw attachment.

I also have two small areas that could be used for parking but the brush is two heavy for the aero turn. Does anyone have a shreeder close? The areas are not that large but would hold about 30-40 trucks or cars.

email stan4231@swbell.net

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                    Excellent stuff Dena, thanks for putting this all together! I'm in for being a 12 ring sponsor and I'll also see if I can drum up a sponsorship from the shop here for a target. Keep me in mind for the raffle tickets as well please.
                    Least I can do for two great TBHers! I will post a list of shooters as they start coming in.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    This is AWESOME!!! I don't know where to begin... just count me in Dena! I'm not much on shooting in tournaments, but I'll help. Just plug me in somewhere. If Chew can travel by then, I'll bring him and the Crew...
                    You started it, Charlie! Thank you!

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                    At this time I'm planning on being there but probably will not shoot. I'll get the details worked out with my wife and make contact to volunteer. It's the least I can do.

If I may, I would like to suggest an annual shoot for kicking cancer's ***. There's a walk for the cure so why can't we have a shoot for a cure every year? I was talking about this earlier today with a friend and he thought it was a good idea.
                    That is an awesome idea!! I'm in for helping organize it!

Comment

I need someone to help with beverages and ice.

We normally put out water cooler every 3-4 targets We will have to file those with ice Sunday AM We can also put coolers out with water and gator aide

We normally have the following drinks

Water, gator aide, coke diet coke, dr depper and diet dr pepper. We have tried others sodas and everyone always ask for the above.

Depending on the crowd we could go thru lots of beverages and ice

If someone would like help please send me a email stan4231@swbell.net

If someone would like to sponsor the beverages please get with me or Dena

I have a feeling this could get big!

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                        Awesome IDEA. I am sure Buffalo would be proud to host this every year.

Might as well get one going in the DFW/FW area next year.

Comment

Sunday clean up

I will need 3-4 to help bring in the animals and generally clean up.

We have one atv and small trailer. Most likely I will have my Rhino and trailer their.

So could use one more side by side or ATV and trailer

So if you would like to help with clean up my email is stan4231@swbell.net

Comment

Security.

We have a security director John Smith.

We could use a couple of uniforms If could have overflow parking into clay road.
                            If so we could use someone to watch those vehicle.

So if you can help email me and I will get you in touch with Smitty.

Stan4231@swbell.net

Comment

Food/Cooking

Dena and I talked about this and left it a little open.

Buffalo normally cooks burger and dogs. That would be just fine.

But if anyhone has one of those big BBQ trailers and want to fire it up that would work also. I am sure we could come up with several briskets, pork butt, chicken, sausage etc.

So we could use some input/ideas on this.

Email Dena or me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X