23 yrs ago today ... a small testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    Wow. I am very impressed on two fronts: 1.) That you have turned it around in a big way and are successful, and 2.) that you have the guts to put it out there in an attempt to help another.

That is pretty much my definition of a man right there. Your Man Card cannot be revoked Blake....
    X2

Comment

Thanks for sharing and Congrats!!

Comment

Thank you for your story. I myself have over 8 years of sobriety and am thankful each and every day to God. Much like yourself, I had no direction and had made a complete mess of my life. I had always though about the outdoors; however, I was too busy drinking and using to actually do anything. After sobering up at 25, I got connected with a great group of guys through my 12-Step recovery program. I got introduced to the outdoors, first through camping and fishing, then later bowhunting. We are an extremely tight-knit group of guys; and we are probably almost as addicted to the outdoors. Thanks again for your story, its always good to hear from a brother in recovery.

Comment

You are truly a blessing Blake. A weaker man never would have made it through that without falling. Congratulations on your kicking the addiction. You have a beautiful family and should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Sent via Todd's IPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing. My brother is a severe drug addict. My mom and I have been trying to help him for years and really just learn to deal with it. Its nice to hear some good stories from time to time.

Comment

Solid!

You told me some of this when I met you at Bownanza, Blake, and I could tell you were solid. Thanks for sharing your story with your green screen brothers. It will most certainly help others.

You are one of the good ones!

Comment

I haven't met you Blake but your testimony is inspiring. I was only one step away from disaster myself when someone took me by the Bootstaps and did some serious work. I will always be thankful to him and God and give thanks/pray everyday ...

Comment

congratulations on your continued successes and overcoming the evils that had control of you for so long

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Thank you for your testimony. You are truly an inspiration!

Comment

I can't say anything the others haven't said already. It just goes to show that a person's life is what he/she makes of it and things can be changed. You did good, man. Very inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Blake. The Lord works in mysterious ways and is always there for us.

Comment

Blake, Thank you for sharing! You are right every thing happens for a reason, and then some...........A wise person once told me, that if you were never down, then you would never know what it felt like to be up. When you are up, do not forget to help those that are down, or let them drag you back down. It takes a few minutes to share so that others can see that there is help and hope. Happy to see you are working hard to help those who are down!

Comment

Thanks very much for being a witness, CB. While God has spared me the afflictions of which you speak, he laid 'em on my lifelong best friend and fishing buddy. He's now many years sober in much the same manner as happened to you, and I know the strength of character it takes to stay that way by choice. Maybe we'll speak of these things if you get to go to 'Nanza 2011. God bless......

Stu

Comment

Working...
                                X