Truelove Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truelove Ranch

What ever happend to the Truelove Ranch. I was there only one time after JJ had quit. The owner was trying to get the ranch up and running again on his own, but it he acted like he did not know that miuch about bowhunting. We had a geeat time when we were there, my buddy and I were the two on the ranch, we seen plenty of does and hogs but no shooter bucks. I was just wondering if the place sold to a new owner.

Never heard of it?

Comment

In was in Sabinal located on the North side of HWY 90>

Comment

I used to go there occasionally with a big group to pig hunt but it's been at least 5 years since the last time. I understood (maybe incorrectly) that it had closed as a day lease some time back.

Comment

I hunted there the last year J.J. was there. Last I heard J.J. was in real bad health. Anybody know anything about him?

Comment

Donnie he passed away, last I heard. That was my first Tx hunt for this northern boy, shot a really nice hog and a buck. JJ was a very very nice person, well versed in hunting. To all that knew him, I think you would agree.

Comment

Sad to here that. I really enjoyed being around J.J. Half the fun of the trip was him taking us to the stands in his old Jeep pickup. You had to hold on for dear life.

Comment

It's not a bowhunting ranch any more- it's season leased to gun hunters. I rent my house from part of their family. It's a really nice ranch- I'd love to hunt it!

Comment

Hunted with him on the Helm ranch myself

Comment

too bad

Comment

Dang, so is it true that JJ passed? That is truly a huge loss to Bowhunting.

Comment

What a shame. I killed a 10 pt buck there and a hand full of does, and I saw the biggest hog I have ever seen. They said it was 600 lbs, but we had no way of lifting it or weighing it. It was an absolute monster.

Comment

Yes, JJ did pass away

God Bless
                          Bish.

Comment

Hunted with JJ at the Helm. Sorry to hear he passed away, he was a very nice guy.

Comment

I only hunted the ranch once but I had a great hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X